Cabin Assignment Question Re: Guarantee Cabin

Jamrenjer

We have booked/paid for a few cruises somewhat last minute-- doing a guaranteed cabin. We usually with in a day or 2 have been assigned our cabin. This time around we have booked/paid for it over two weeks ago, and on the website it keeps saying, "reservation not ready to be accessed yet." Anyone have a recent experience like this? Our cruise isnt until Dec14th.... so maybe since it is two months away. Guess we are just anxious! :D

Could be a good sign. We booked back in May for the Jade in January 2009 and our guarantee cabin was assigned in less than a month, Since it was about the worst we could have possibly received, we decided to upgrade when we saw the prices going down.

We have booked/paid for a few cruises somewhat last minute-- doing a guaranteed cabin. We usually with in a day or 2 have been assigned our cabin. This time around we have booked/paid for it over two weeks ago, and on the website it keeps saying, "reservation not ready to be accessed yet." Anyone have a recent experience like this? Our cruise isnt until Dec14th.... so maybe since it is two months away. Guess we are just anxious! :D

It could just be a problem with the website. I know that NEVER happens :D but it's possible.

Call NCL and let them check for you. You may find there has been a cabin assigned to you and with some luck, it may be a higher category!

Good luck and enjoy your cruise! :)

Lambs, we were kind of hoping along those lines too! At the same time, we hope they don't wait till the last minute-- and give us the worst!

AFAMILY- we didn't book straight with NCL-- rather an online site. We did call them-- and our lady there, though very nice seemed a bit clueless-- saying, "you probably won't get your cabin until you board the ship". We know that is just crazy.... because we know we have to register online so many days before the cruise. Thank you for your kind words-- we will definitely enjoy the cruise!:)

Anyone else book a guarantee lately? How long did you have to wait to get a cabin?

We didn't get our assignment a few cruises ago, until two mornings before. I don't remember not being able to register until I got a cabin, ever. I thought I registered online once I paid in full long before I got my cabin numbers on any of my cruises.

.... because we know we have to register online so many days before the cruise.

DMRick,

Thank you.... that is what we were thinking as well. We thought that you would at least register-- and if you didnt have a cabin it would simply state "GTY" or something of that nature, until they assigned the cabin... I think we better call back the online travel agent tomorrow and check on it.

Thank you again for sharing.

I booked the Star for Jan. 3, 2009 this morning through an online site and have already accessed NCL and filled out my advance registration forms for my husband and myself! We have a GTY Oceanview and no cabin number showing so far, which is fine with us. Was impressed with the online site after first being skeptical about such very low pricing! We are excited!!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else have any experience with guarantee cabins? I've only booked a guarantee once before and that was on Carnival. We weren't assigned our room then until about a month before sailing.

How do I check to see if the room has been assigned? I logged into NCL's website and selected by sailing from the pull down box under "Locate Reservations". On the "View Your Booking" page under "Category and Stateroom" it says "H - GTY". I'm assuming this is where I should be checking and that a room has not yet been assigned?

(Oh, and I did not use a TA. I booked directly through NCL's website, if that makes a difference.)

Archived