Conquest arrival time and Dolphins at Chankanaab???

michelle2

We are arriving on the Conquest at 10:00. I have reservations for the Royal Dolphin Swim at Chankanaab at 11:00. Do you think this is cutting it too close? For those of you that have done the dolphins before, what time was your reservation vs. your arrival time? Thanks...

Do you know if your ship stays on EST or changes to local time? The 10 am arrival time may, or may not, be local time. Also, when are you going? Will Cozumel be on DLST or not? All of that figures in to what time you should schedule your dolphin swim.

Also, do you know if you are docking or tendering in Cozumel? If you are docking and it truly is a one hour difference, you should have plenty of time to make it to Chank. If you are tendering, I'd think that you won't make it in time.

Good luck.

CG

It my understanding that the Conquest will be on Central Standard Time when we get to Cozumel which is also on CST. So, ship time should be the same as local time. We are leaving Nov 16 so both Galveston/Houston and Cozumel should be done with daylight savings. We are docking not tendering.

In my confirmation from Chankanaab they say they would like us to check in 1/2 an hour before our dolphin time. Does everyone really get there 1/2 an hour early? I'm hesitant to move the reservation to a later time because we want some time afterwards to snorkel and shop.

It my understanding that the Conquest will be on Central Standard Time when we get to Cozumel which is also on CST. So, ship time should be the same as local time. We are leaving Nov 16 so both Galveston/Houston and Cozumel should be done with daylight savings. We are docking not tendering.

That's perfect then.

In my confirmation from Chankanaab they say they would like us to check in 1/2 an hour before our dolphin time. Does everyone really get there 1/2 an hour early? I'm hesitant to move the reservation to a later time because we want some time afterwards to snorkel and shop.

You should be there 1/2 hour before as Chank is short drive from the pier. Just walk to the end of the dock and ask any cab to take you to Chank. However, should you be a little later getting there, it won't be a problem. Our swim was scheduled for 11 am and some people in our group ran late and showed up 5 minutes before. They still let them go with no problem.

Have a wonderful time...you are going to love it!

CG

Archived