Elegant Night on Halloween

caribbeanchickie

I was on a 4 day 2 yrs ago when Halloween fell on formal night. The instructions were to either wear formal attire or a costume.

that's good to know -- quite frankly, i can't imagine wearing a costume and trying to eat a nice meal! I might leave the kids with Camp Carnival that night and do my own thing with my hub -- no costumes for us.

that's good to know -- quite frankly, i can't imagine wearing a costume and trying to eat a nice meal! I might leave the kids with Camp Carnival that night and do my own thing with my hub -- no costumes for us.

I agree! No costume for us. Just a elegant face mask will do. :)

We are going on a 3 night halloween cruise to celebrate halloween, so we are planning on wearing our costumes. They are tasteful and I think we will look better than some of those who think elegant is their pressed jeans(Especially on a 3 night) Cindy

Our group did it a few years ago. One of the guys went as Charlie Brown and needed to wear shorts. When he cleared it with the Maitre De he was told no problem.......and it wasnt. I's day about 20% wore costumes 40% wore formal, and the remainder wore the always elegant t shirt and jeans.

We took our kids on a cruise 2 years ago, on the Elation. They had a Halloween party onboard for grown ups and one for the kids, even though it was the week before Halloween. Our DD wore her costume to dinner that night. It wasn't anything that had a mask, but we did see several people at dinner that had their masks off to the side. It didn't happen on elegant night, though.

Archived