Inflatable Tub/baby pool

Travalerie

Hello

I have read many posts about inflatable tubs. I thought I read that someone found one at the dollar store, but could not find it again. I already have one at home, so I just wanted to buy a cheap one for the trip and toss it at the end. I did see the info about the duck tub but ten dollars is more than I want to spend. Thanks...

Also, those of you who have broughts the baby pool to the deck, how do you fill it with water? And where do you put it, by the deck chair? We will have a cabana on the Eurodam and I am just trying to figure out how people actually do the baby pool thing.

We filled our pool/tub from the shower on deck by the pool with a bucket that I brought. I was ammazed at how many trips I had to take back and forth to fill it with just a few inches. I then emptied it bucket by bucket down the shower drain. Tedious, but definately worth it. Our then 11m old loved it. I also brought a few bath, pool toys (boats, cups etc.) that kept him busy while his older sisiters played in the main pool. We situated ourselves out of the way, and placed the tub next to the lounge chair. Everyone that went by smiled at him, no dirty looks, so I guess we picked a good spot. We bought one for about $10 at Target. We brought it home, and will be using it for our current baby when we cruise in February.

Hello

I have read many posts about inflatable tubs. I thought I read that someone found one at the dollar store, but could not find it again. I already have one at home, so I just wanted to buy a cheap one for the trip and toss it at the end. I did see the info about the duck tub but ten dollars is more than I want to spend. Thanks...

Also, those of you who have broughts the baby pool to the deck, how do you fill it with water? And where do you put it, by the deck chair? We will have a cabana on the Eurodam and I am just trying to figure out how people actually do the baby pool thing.

You have a Cabana on Eurodam and a 10 dollar pool is more than you want to spend?

You have a Cabana on Eurodam and a 10 dollar pool is more than you want to spend?

Fair question, the cabana was a gift to ourselves for OBC we received because our initial cruise was chartered. Its not that expensive either for the week. Anyway, the main reason I did not want to spend the money was because we don't need two at home and I was just going to get rid of it. Its not a big deal, the cost, I really just wanted to see if I had remembered it correctly that someone got a really cheap one. Do you have any input or you just wanted to be nice this morning?;)

We also have the duck from Target, we just pack it and reuse it each cruise so we have gotten our money's worth, although you might be able to find a small round blow-up pool on clearance now since they are marking down all the summer items everywhere. For a few bucks it would work the same and be easy to toss. We just get empty buckets from the bar (beer buckets) and fill it with pool water in between our lounge chairs or in a corner not obstructing anyone and then dump it down the shower drain next to the pool when we are finished.

Good luck

Fair question, the cabana was a gift to ourselves for OBC we received because our initial cruise was chartered. Its not that expensive either for the week. Anyway, the main reason I did not want to spend the money was because we don't need two at home and I was just going to get rid of it. Its not a big deal, the cost, I really just wanted to see if I had remembered it correctly that someone got a really cheap one. Do you have any input or you just wanted to be nice this morning?;)

My input is you cant beat the duck, and since it requires so little space, having two at home is not a bad idea. I personally would not want my kid to sit in anything that costs less than ten dollars.

Is the Duck actually meant to be used in the bath tub, or is it a little round blow up pool? Taking 18 mo. daughter on Thanksgiving cruise and would love to have something for her to play in. I was looking as the Target website and saw a Munchkin Duck Bathtub, and was wondering if this is what you were referring to? Also saw a little pool for $14.99, was wondering which one might work better. I assume the cruise lines do not have a problem with this? Thanks!

The duck bath is made by Munchkin. We've been using it since our daughter was a couple of weeks old. It's great because it's soft, saves water at home and deflates and rolls up small for travelling. It could easily be used for a bath/pool on ship.

We're still trying to decide if a cruise is the best idea with an 18 month old, but if we go, we'll take the duck.

Is the Duck actually meant to be used in the bath tub, or is it a little round blow up pool? Taking 18 mo. daughter on Thanksgiving cruise and would love to have something for her to play in. I was looking as the Target website and saw a Munchkin Duck Bathtub, and was wondering if this is what you were referring to? Also saw a little pool for $14.99, was wondering which one might work better. I assume the cruise lines do not have a problem with this? Thanks!

Yes it's the Munchkin Duck Bathtub. It quacks too...lol. The reason we all like it is that you can use it for 2 different purposes...bathing the baby and as a pool.

No the cruiselines have no problem with using them. Just so you don't throw the water over the railing or back in the main pool. ;) :D

Just so you don't throw the water over the railing or back in the main pool. ;) :D

HA HA HA HA!!!!! :DThis puts a picture in my head!

Then again, I probably shouldn't laugh because someone probably HAS done this! :eek:

Thanks so much for the info. I will have to hit up Target this weekend to see if they have it. Any other great suggestions and recommendations for cruising with a 18 month old. We have many on many cruise and are actually are elite members ith Princess. We have a 14-son and a 10-daughter that we have cruised with many times, but not a infant. She was our "surprise" last year. We are going to the following places on Princess Emerald:

St. Thomas

St. Kitts

Dominica

Antigua

Barbados

So any suggestions regarding tours/excursions good for the little one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again!

HA HA HA HA!!!!! :DThis puts a picture in my head!

Then again, I probably shouldn't laugh because someone probably HAS done this! :eek:

Oh you know someone has done it. I've seen people here say they've done it...lol.

Thanks so much for the info. I will have to hit up Target this weekend to see if they have it. Any other great suggestions and recommendations for cruising with a 18 month old. We have many on many cruise and are actually are elite members ith Princess. We have a 14-son and a 10-daughter that we have cruised with many times, but not a infant. She was our "surprise" last year. We are going to the following places on Princess Emerald:

St. Thomas

St. Kitts

Dominica

Antigua

Barbados

So any suggestions regarding tours/excursions good for the little one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again!

For a 18 month old, you really don't have to plan an excursion for the baby, they kind of just go with the flow. ;) If you haven't done Coral World yet in St. Thomas, then maybe check that out.

Other than that...doing excursions with a little one is pretty easy with the exception of the transportation. An air conditioned bus is the easiest because you don't have to worry about lugging a car seat. But it's tough to tell whether the excursion is on a bus or not.

• 1 month later...

My son is horribly afraid of showers so until I read this, I have been racking my brain, wintertime, no little pools to be bought. Then I have been thinking, I am taking, his stuff, food, diapers, toys, and various junk in a large plastic storage bin, unload it in the cabin and presto tub for a 20 month old. lol

I am leaving in 2 weeks on RCCL with my 11 month old and just figured we would not get to swim, but we have the duck bathtub. You are allowed to use it and there is water available to fill it? I am so thrilled. I had not heard or thought of this. Thank you!:)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived