Tabyana Beach On Our Own -- Questions!

seashell36

We will be in Roatan in about 2 1/2 weeks. We are trying to save some money doing our own excursion planning in 2 of our ports. We want to just laze on the beach here. I've decided after all my research we would be best served to go to Tabyana Beach. How much does it cost to get from the pier to the beach? I know it is a bit of a drive to get there. But, there are 7 of us and we need a mass transit-type option.

Once we are at the beach, is there food/drinks offered for sale? Oh, and how often is there transport back to the ship if you are not on a ship sponsored excursion? Just trying to cover all of my bases! Thanks in advance!!:D

Tabyana Beach is owned by the cruiseline. To go there it must be thru a ship sponsored excursion. That is what I was told.

Well hello!!!!! I can't believe it's you! I still think of Tahiti very often and look at the pictures all the time. What a great cruise that was. I notice you went to Alaska this summer. We are going next summer on the Diamond princess. We went to Europe this summer and had a great time. I'm on this board because next December I want to go to Roatan. Sounds like a great island. Any input. Say hi to Brad.

I recently went to Taybana Beach in Roatan and my BF and I went on our own. We actually where headed to find the yellow building where you can sign up to go to Fins and Flippers when a guy approached us and asked "Did we want to go to the beach"? We said yeah but had Fins in mind. He told us he would take us to the best beach on the island, do a tour, and take us shopping for $20 a piece. We couldn't pass it up. He radio'd his cousin and we got a personal guide (Oscar, age 12!!) plus all I mentioned. The tour operator gave us his card and told us to refer others to him. His name was Eric Bodden! His cousin picked us up in a Nissan Sentra and off we went. The beach was the Bomb!!! They had shops, a bar and a full restaurant/grill on the premises. Plus ladies were doing full body massages for $20 for 35 minutes. I mean you can't beat that!

I hope you to Taybana Beach, you will NOT be disappointed!!!

I recently went to Taybana Beach in Roatan and my BF and I went on our own. We actually where headed to find the yellow building where you can sign up to go to Fins and Flippers when a guy approached us and asked "Did we want to go to the beach"? We said yeah but had Fins in mind. He told us he would take us to the best beach on the island, do a tour, and take us shopping for $20 a piece. We couldn't pass it up. He radio'd his cousin and we got a personal guide (Oscar, age 12!!) plus all I mentioned. The tour operator gave us his card and told us to refer others to him. His name was Eric Bodden! His cousin picked us up in a Nissan Sentra and off we went. The beach was the Bomb!!! They had shops, a bar and a full restaurant/grill on the premises. Plus ladies were doing full body massages for $20 for 35 minutes. I mean you can't beat that!

I hope you to Taybana Beach, you will NOT be disappointed!!!

Wow, I was just in roatan last week, on the Valor. Paid a taxi to take us to Tabyanna Beach, when we arrived they wouldn't let us in, they said only through the Ship, can you get in.

Cindy

• 5 weeks later...

Archived