which ship

bossmum1

Hi we are looking to book our next Cruise, which Fred Olson ship do you recommend defo not the Black Prince. I fancy the Black Watch, what do you guys think, dont want all the rocking and rolling as we had with the Black Prince.

I love travelling on both the "Black Watch" and "Boudicca". They are pretty stable, are well designed for ocean travel and are well-equipped and staffed. I will tell you what I think of the "Balmoral" when I return in mid-November (my 23rd cruise with Fred. Olsen but first on this ship).

The "Black Prince" does rock and roll (but has real character) as does the "Braemar" which is shallow drafted.

Hi we are looking to book our next Cruise, which Fred Olson ship do you recommend defo not the Black Prince. I fancy the Black Watch, what do you guys think, dont want all the rocking and rolling as we had with the Black Prince.

I would recommend Black Watch, She is a great friendly ship passengers and crew.She handles extremly well in a force 9-10 as we have experinenced have not had to resort to the cabin at anytime through the rough bits

Not your state of the art all singing all dancing of some, But you will come away with a feeling of contentment and satisfaction, You are a person not a number.You are shown respect by all and there is very little of that one upmanship you get on so many now.(We have done 47 thousand cruises and the others are always superior to this one??)

We love her

I love travelling on both the "Black Watch" and "Boudicca". They are pretty stable, are well designed for ocean travel and are well-equipped and staffed. I will tell you what I think of the "Balmoral" when I return in mid-November (my 23rd cruise with Fred. Olsen but first on this ship).

The "Black Prince" does rock and roll (but has real character) as does the "Braemar" which is shallow drafted.

Hi thanks for that. we are going to have a chat with the TA on Sat, gets some ideas. We enjoyed the Black Prince felt like royalty by the staff how they remember all the names is beyond me. It is a shame the Black Prince was so old and creaky. Bless. I really fancy the Fiords but hubby not too keen he not got a good eye for the scenery. lol. Will be looking forward to your comments of the Balmoral, We not going till 2010 so got plenty of time to research. Let me know if Balmoral is smooth and not too noisey Bless all the hard working staff they put us too shame.

Archived