My Time Dining Tipping Question,

Alexis

Please. Only people who have actually done this on RCCL answer my question.

Thank you.

I can not find anything on the boards about this question I have. I have tried the search feature and zippo. :(

I know that if we choose the My Time Dining option on our next cruise we have to pre-pay our tips.

On the last night of the cruise, do they still give us vouchers? I can understand not getting any for the Dining Room staff, but how does it work for the Cabin Attendant? It seems strange not giving him/her an envelope.

It says on the RCCL My Time Dining Site, Please feel free to tip your waiter extra for good service. Are they talking about every night of the week, or at the end of the week with vouchers as we would do in a normal pre-pay envelope?

I appreciate any help. :D

Hi

We did my time dining on BOS. They still gove you envelopes with pre-paid vouchers for the dining room as well as your room attendant. We did tip a little extra on the last night as the staff we had in the dining room were excellent (we had the same staff each night) I wasn't sure how the tips were shared out in 'My time' so I handed our head waiter and assistant waiter the extra tip (cash) rather than putting it in the envelope with the voucher.

Hope that helps - any more questions just ask, i'd be happy to answer.

Yes, this was our experience with My Time dining on Freedom a couple of weeks back - you still get the envelopes.

Boo

Hi

We did my time dining on BOS. They still gove you envelopes with pre-paid vouchers for the dining room as well as your room attendant. We did tip a little extra on the last night as the staff we had in the dining room were excellent (we had the same staff each night) I wasn't sure how the tips were shared out in 'My time' so I handed our head waiter and assistant waiter the extra tip (cash) rather than putting it in the envelope with the voucher.

ClaireP: my only experience has been with celebrity but would think as they are the same parent company, it would be similar. We still got the envelopes and pre-paid tickets which we handed out - it was fine!

somanyquestions: Hi

Boo Boo: Yes, this was our experience with My Time dining on Freedom a couple of weeks back - you still get the envelopes.

Boo

Thank you for your replies. That makes it easier for my husband and I to decide about My Time Dining.

I prefer to hand the Wait Staff and Cabin Attendant an envelope on the last night and some extra. Now I know I can. ;)

Sorry, another question. :o

If we want to eat in the Windjammer or Specialty Restaurant some nights, do we just not call the dining room with a time, or do we just not show up?

Sorry, another question. :o

If we want to eat in the Windjammer or Specialty Restaurant some nights, do we just not call the dining room with a time, or do we just not show up?

Hi, you neither call nor show up...

Basically the main dining room do not expect, unless you book yourself in.

We are early dinner eaters (we are from the UK and so don't bother to completely reset our body clocks) and ate about 6.15pm/6.30pm each night on the Freedom a couple of weeks back. We never had to make a reservation for the main dining room (we asked one night and they said "don't bother") and never had a wait. If you eat at a more popular time, then you probably do need a reservation...

Boo

Hi, you neither call nor show up...

Basically the main dining room do not expect, unless you book yourself in.

We are early dinner eaters (we are from the UK and so don't bother to completely reset our body clocks) and ate about 6.15pm/6.30pm each night on the Freedom a couple of weeks back. We never had to make a reservation for the main dining room (we asked one night and they said "don't bother") and never had a wait. If you eat at a more popular time, then you probably do need a reservation...

Boo

So in other words, no one would even know if we decided to go eat somewhere else a few nights. Being that we never eat at the same table, with the same wait staff each night in the Main Dining Room?

Thank you. ;)

So in other words, no one would even know if we decided to go eat somewhere else a few nights. Being that we never eat at the same table, with the same wait staff each night in the Main Dining Room?

Thank you. ;)

No.

Although the first night we ate in the MDR (we ate at Chops the first night onboard), I thought that the waiter was good, so made a note of his name and asked to be seated in his section each other evening that we ate in the MDR (we ate there 4 nights in total). At least that was you sort of get to know your water and get a bit more interaction.

To be honest I wasn't a big fan of MDR, personally, BUT I see that it may offer a lot to others (see my post here for details - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=857092)

Boo

No.

Although the first night we ate in the MDR (we ate at Chops the first night onboard), I thought that the waiter was good, so made a note of his name and asked to be seated in his section each other evening that we ate in the MDR (we ate there 4 nights in total). At least that was you sort of get to know your water and get a bit more interaction.

To be honest I wasn't a big fan of MDR, personally, BUT I see that it may offer a lot to others (see my post here for details - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=857092)

Boo

That was very informative and thanks for pointing it out. ;)

I just want to make sure I am not making a big mistake before I change our request. :o

Thank you. ;)

we wanted a table for 2 so we made a repeat booking for 8pm each night, we liked our waiters so asked to be sat in their area each evening. The nights we ate at the speciality restaurants we just didn't turn up. It was fine. Really liked the flexibility.

That was very informative and thanks for pointing it out. ;)

I just want to make sure I am not making a big mistake before I change our request. :o

I hope that my review helped... I tried to be objective. I DO think that My Time Dining suits some, just not all: so it is best to weigh up what is right for you :)

Boo

Archived