FLL Post Cruise Car Rental and Extra Day

palgsw

Help please for our Christmas 2008 cruise. We will be returning on 12/28, but cannot fly back to the west coast until 3 pm on 12/29.

We will want to rent a car after disembarking. What options are there for a rental car shuttle pick-up at Port Everglades to the rental car counters at FLL?

What would you do for the day on 12/28 and half a day on 12/29 in the Ft Lauderdale/Miami area?

What would you do for the day on 12/28 and half a day on 12/29 in the Ft Lauderdale/Miami area?

I would go get my rental car, drive to the hotel and check in then head to the beach. After a couple of hours, I'd go back to the hotel, clean up, and drive to Las Olas for some shopping and dinner outdoors.

The next day I'd sleep in, get a noon checkout, check out of the hotel, then go to The Floridian for a long leisurely brunch.

Afterwards, it will be time to head to the airport and dump the rental.

Thrifty has an off site location just outside the gate at Port Everglades. They offer a shuttle (I am 90% sure) from the pier to their office and you then drop the car off at the airport when you fly out.

Chris

I am also looking for a car rental company that will pick us up at the port to the place of rental. We will then want to return the car to the airport.

Thanks for any information.

I just called Alamo and the lady said that the airport has shuttles run between airport and cruise terminal. Hope this helps.

Usually it is cheaper to rent from a location 'off' from the airport. No airport taxes and fees.

As posted, there are several 'off' airport locations to rent from.

Plus, my thought has always been, Why go to the airport when you don't need to???:o

Archived