Union Discount

SuiteRose

For all you AFL-CIO members who have taken advantage of the NCL Union Discount. I just wanted to pass on that they have upped the discounts for lots of the end of year sailings. Many of the cruises have 20% across the board. Here is the link to the extra discounts.

http://www.unionplus.org/norwegian-cruise-lines.cfm

For anyone that doesn't know about the discount. If you have a union card you probably qualify for the discount. I found out that the cruise I am taking was just raised to 20%. I wrote to my PCC and asked if there is anything she can do since I already paid the final payment.

But at least there might be some of you out there who might be able to take advantage of those good end of year savings!!!:)

For all you AFL-CIO members who have taken advantage of the NCL Union Discount. I just wanted to pass on that they have upped the discounts for lots of the end of year sailings. Many of the cruises have 20% across the board. Here is the link to the extra discounts.

http://www.unionplus.org/norwegian-cruise-lines.cfm

For anyone that doesn't know about the discount. If you have a union card you probably qualify for the discount. I found out that the cruise I am taking was just raised to 20%. I wrote to my PCC and asked if there is anything she can do since I already paid the final payment.

But at least there might be some of you out there who might be able to take advantage of those good end of year savings!!!:)

]

WOW.... 20%, all they would give me was a 2% discount..........

I think they raise the discount on cruises that aren't selling too well. The list has some from next year but not too many. I usually keep checking it until I am ready to book my cruise. I think they raise the discount amount closer to the date of sailing. The webpage says that 5% is the minimum but who knows. We were very happy with our discount on the Gem in December until I saw that today!! We booked a few weeks ago and paid in full so imagine my disappointment when I saw the new list today!

I called and asked my PCC and she told me that she thinks it is for new bookings only. :(

Try talking to a supervisor. We did and she applied the discount to our existing booking. Sure wish some of those 30% discounts applied to our upcoming cruise :(

Thanks rmdragwa for posting the update. Love to see people save on their cruises.

Try talking to a supervisor. We did and she applied the discount to our existing booking. Sure wish some of those 30% discounts applied to our upcoming cruise :(

Thanks rmdragwa for posting the update. Love to see people save on their cruises.

My PCC told me today that there wasn't anything she could do besides "see" if an upgrade became available (we are on a balcony)....that was all she could do for us for now...

Noooo! I paid my final payment on Tuesday . . . now the stateroom prices are DOWN and they're offering 20% union discount. I'm going to call NCL tomorrow and ask them very nicely if there's anything they can do for me. It's worth a shot. I'm hoping at least they'll appease me with an upgrade. It looks like balconies are available.

Noooo! I paid my final payment on Tuesday . . . now the stateroom prices are DOWN and they're offering 20% union discount. I'm going to call NCL tomorrow and ask them very nicely if there's anything they can do for me. It's worth a shot. I'm hoping at least they'll appease me with an upgrade. It looks like balconies are available.

Sure, you can try. Doesn't ever hurt to ask. Just don't get your hopes up. NCL seems very stringent with their rules. I know from first hand experience.

• 4 weeks later...

We live in Canada and they have always honoured my husband's union membership - ususally an additional 5% off except once when they said they could not give it along with the lattitudes discount, but we usually do get both. However, for the cruise we have booked in Oct. 2009, it is around 20% - I just called to get the lower cruise rate now advertised on their website and the union discount stunned me, I could not believe the price she quoted me and I asked several times to be sure that it included fuel surcharge and taxes. Wow!!

The Union discount must be applied at the time of booking. The Unions must be affiliated with the AFL-CIO to qualify for the discount.

Yes, Although this is our 4th NCL cruise, I was unaware of the Union Discount until I booked my upcoming AUG 2009 Gem cruise.

NCL took off $175pp for both my wife and I for a total of $350.00.

This was just after I booked the cruise-so they just took $350 off the price of our cruise.

Wish I knew about this for my previous 3 NCL cruises.

Do any other Cruiselines give Union discounts?

Yes, Although this is our 4th NCL cruise, I was unaware of the Union Discount until I booked my upcoming AUG 2009 Gem cruise.

NCL took off $175pp for both my wife and I for a total of $350.00.

This was just after I booked the cruise-so they just took $350 off the price of our cruise.

Wish I knew about this for my previous 3 NCL cruises.

Do any other Cruiselines give Union discounts?

No others that I'm aware of.

I received $200 off each cabin I booked for our Dawn cruise last summer. There needed to a Union member in both cabins. That was about 10%. I dont think it will get any better than that as it seems ALL NYC cruises fill up with no problem.

I received $200 off each cabin I booked for our Dawn cruise last summer. There needed to a Union member in both cabins. That was about 10%. I dont think it will get any better than that as it seems ALL NYC cruises fill up with no problem.

We received a 20% union discount on our recent Dawn cruise on 10/26.

With my DH's union discount we called our TA and received 20% off our already booked B2B on the Jade in Jan/Feb 09 just before final payment deadline. Also got some OBC which was available at the time. Now the cruise has been even further discounted, but we know from experience that we are at the lowest price we will get now that our final payment has been made. Perhaps an upgrade before sailing? We can keep our fingers crossed!!

Archived