Check room assignment

LSUtraveler

I wondered if they might do that. We have little kids travelling with us and older kids (19-25). The 19 year old could not be booked in a room with the 23 year old unless they were in the cabin next to us. (We have a cabin with 4 next to a cabin with 3 - the 3 and 4th passengers in each cabin 16 or under)

I wonder if you had been given a choice would you be able to select two cabins (it depends on the age of the kids of course!) Carnival wouldn't have let you book anyone in a room unless there was someone above 25 in that room, but my Brother and Sil were going to book a room in each of their names and then just have the 14 and 16 year old in their own cabin, but ONLY if they were next door.

Wasn't sure if that was an option for you.

Which is better 2 11's or 1 12?

[quote name='ppaxton']
Which is better 2 11's or 1 12?[/quote]

For us definitely one cat 12 is better than two cat 11's.

Our kids are 8 & 11 and there would be no way I'd have them in a separate cabin even just to sleep. So that means that I'd have be in one with my DS and my DW would have to be in the other with my DD. The only benefit would have been having two bathrooms.

I am very happy with the Cat 12. Bigger room with more walking around space. Larger balcony. All around much nicer.:D

Mike

The cat 12 they found was problably given to someone as an upgrade and took it away and gave those people an 11. If the kids were older two suites woulda been great.. but like you said-- thats a lot of space for two younguns.

I look forward to seeing you pics of that cabin--ya better take photso of every inch of that space coz I wanna see what I miss all these years.

[quote name='mamiamjo']The only benefit would have been having two bathrooms.

I am very happy with the Cat 12. Bigger room with more walking around space. Larger balcony. All around much nicer.:D

Mike[/QUOTE]

Actually - if the Penthouse on the Carnival ships is like NCL - we had a seperate shower and a jacuzzi tub that had a shower in that as well. Dual sinks , plenty of shelf and cabinet space. So if it's the same setup, you won't miss the extra bathroom. The bathroom in NCL was bigger than my master bath in my home.

I toured the Norweign Corwn last year..and nothing Carnival has can ever compete with the penthouse suites on NCL.
What are the suites on NCl that looklike apartments..have bedrooms and a dining room with a butler..sells for like 20,000 for the week. Beautiful. I think it also had a jucuzzi on the balcony.

Using the "Fun Pass"/"Order Gifts and Services" method, I was able to get some info on my stateroom number. When I called my ta, she said that the information on my stateroom would not be available until only a few days before departure. Is it likely that my assigment will change, then? Since we're on a tight budget, we had booked a cat. 4A cabin but from the Carnival website, our cabin (6103) appears to be a cat. 4C. That's good, I think? Also, from the deck plans, 6103 on the Empress deck is the very last cabin either at the very front or at the very back of the boat. This worries me - is it bad to be at the very ends of the boat (ie, more movement, etc than the middle of the boat). Anyone had the very last cabin on any given deck?

[quote name='serene56']I toured the Norweign Corwn last year..and nothing Carnival has can ever compete with the penthouse suites on NCL.
What are the suites on NCl that looklike apartments..have bedrooms and a dining room with a butler..sells for like 20,000 for the week. Beautiful. I think it also had a jucuzzi on the balcony.[/QUOTE]

Okay - I didn't get that lucky to get a $20000 a week suite for $900 per person. I think the ones you are referring to are called owners suites. We had a dining room table in our room with four chairs around it, and when we threw a party on our balcony, the butlers took the dining room table out onto the patio for us and put the 4 chairs plus two of the deck chairs around it to sit the 6 people dining with us for the party. Huge Deck, but no jacuzzi on my balcony. But while the suite was wonderful, other than the bathroom/dressing room area, the room was just one very big room, it wasn't a seperate dining room.

It was still a wonderful room and I hope Mike's is that nice.

But no butler service, huh? I kind of got spoiled.

The Cat 12 suites on The Fantasy Class ships are 330 sq ft. That is much larger than the standard 185 sq ft cabin and 50% larger than the 220 sq ft cat 11 suites, but I don't think they are anywhere near as large as what you are describing. No Butler, no dining table etc. But it is plenty of space for the 4 of us w/o having to be cramped or crowded.

Mike

Ok, yesterday at 58 days out I went to the carnival site, as usual:rolleyes: thinking here we go again.(wasted time) much to my surprise there was my cabin:eek: I did not get an upgrade ( 4cruises 2 with and 2 without upgrades) I am a little shocked because when my carnival pvp spoke with us before he said that my dh and I might get a cat 11 since there were just two of us. we said great and dont worry about trying to keep us close to my dh's familys cabins. well this isnt an upgrade and while we are 8 cabins away from his fam:rolleyes: I could have enjoyed a cat 11 I am sure (taht is 2 decks up from our current cabin). then we find out last night my sil had told the pvp "dont give us cabins high up on the ship" meaning just her but I think he took that as all of us therefore no upgrade. I am wordy today sorry. I am glad we went with a balcony I just wish we got that upgrade, sigh. Thanks everybody for the info

Kim- the disappointment is horrible isnt it..especialy if you read these boards because it seems that majority of the people get upgraded. It really isnt the case. 4 cruise we booked guarantee and not one time did we get upgraded--not even to another deck, sucks since we are past cruisers..etc.etc I wont buy a guarantee any more coz it isnt worth it. I willpick an awesome cabin and pay a cheaper price.

I also wish PVP wouldnt get peoples hope up with that free upgrade.. they really dont have nothing at all to do with it.

Have a great time mike. serene, I know what you mean we have been on three prior and had 2 upgrades so it was nice. It looks like we have kept a good price though with the guar mehtod. our cabin and the guar are at least 75 dollars more than we paid so maybe we lucked out anyway? I just ordered a gift for our room and I am so excited. thanks again for all the help.

• 1 month later...
[B][I][SIZE=3]WOW, it worked for me. Not by going to the change reservation, but at the FunPass where it says Gifts and Sevices, I clicked on it and found we are in cabin 4125, which is an upgrade (booked inside guarentee). Our cruise is 47 days out, so hope it sticks!!!! say a prayer for us, as their are 4 of us old ladies in the same cabin, :) we booked through TA if this helps others. Happy Sailing[/SIZE][/I][/B]

well-- congrats. Now check the gift page. go to carnival web site and click on gifts. add soemthing to your cart.. put in the booking number and that particular cabinnumber..you want to be looking for your names on the bottom of the page.

4 ladies in the same cabin??? did you buy an over the dorr shoe holder. It will be the best thing on your cruise.

Archived