Princess or NCL, whose food is better?

aprilsp88

They are both nasty. We were on the old Crown Princess and the bread guy did not even know how to make fake egg bread. He put the coloring in last so the dough had neon yellow stripes. Yuk. They even ruined the lobster which is no mean feat. It was burned on one side and still frozen on the other. I think Carnival is now even beating Celebrity for consistent good food. Oceania was the pits also which shows money does not necessarily buy you better. I will say the prize for worst ever goes to MSC Lirica. Ice cream made out of powder? Good grief. And inedible lamb chops of fat and gristle. Depends, in my mind, on whether you like traditional dining or not. It is not possible on NCL.

Hmmm.. Nope!

Carnival has a nice feature - Fish and Chips buffet, but food in DR is very inconsistent. Breakfasts're much worse than on X. But.. I guess food is one of CCL better points. ;)

Three years ago on the Norwegian Sun, the buffet food was about like a high school cafeteria. How about american cheese and bologna sandwiches on packaged white bread for lunch!?! Or hamburgers floating in some mystery liquid!?! Now, the desserts were beautiful to look at...but in comparison made Sara Lee taste like fine French pastries....I kid you not. Did that answer your question?

I cruised NCL ( Dream) in January and had a really nice cruise but I would have to rank the food on Princess overall as better, most especially in the dining rooms. But even the buffet on Princess had a better selection.

However, I certainly didn't think of NCL food as inedible. I always found something decent to eat.

Archived