'Cruise Fairy' gift ideas, help

We are going on the Independence of the Seas next month and spending 2 nights in Ft Lauderdale, DD will be 3 and we are looking for ideas on gifts from the 'Cruise Fairy' to leave in Grandparents and Great-grandparents rooms for DD. Of course I have been living in the dollar spot at Target for deals. Looking for some inexpensive ideas that won't take up too much room.

Here is what we got so far:

Hello Kitty items fom Target (socks, coloring books)

Clear lip gloss

My Mom is giving her nautical outfit for Bitty Baby the day we board in FLL (any free shipping codes for American Girl?)

Inexpensive Bracelet and necklace

Looking for sand bucket when we get to FL for Labadee (I assume WalMart or Walgreens in Ft Lauderdale will have them?)

Dora bottle of bubbles that doesn't leak

Glow in dark bracelets from Target

Looking for hair stuff at Claire's Botiques for formal nights

Pink mesh sponge (since she will be taking showers instead of baths)

Any other ideas?

Oh geez, the cruise fairy? I can't start that with my kids...too many fairies to plan for. ;) lol

All kinds of PIRATE stuff - you'll be on a RCCL ship and they have a Pirate Parade for that age group. The counselors will make up her face and put a banadana on her to make her up like a pirate. So for Independence, I got my youngest a pirate costume. Since it's halloween, I got the pirate costume pretty cheap

Also, I always get my kids a bear from each cruise. And I know that on the Freedom class ships, there are bears with the name of the ship on their t-shirt. The bears are kind of costly - $29.95 if I remember correctly. But my kids LOVED getting the bears. They have them in the Indy gift shop onboard.

AND you can decorate the cabin, they have a Bon Voyage package. You can see the decorations and the Freedom bears on the kids' bed here...

IMG_0734.jpg

Oh geez, the cruise fairy? I can't start that with my kids...too many fairies to plan for. ;) lol

And 'Tinkerbell' comes to Disney, I have a box of Tinkerbell gifts hidden away. Good thing there are tons of Tinkbell & Disney stuff cheap at Target and when Disney store has clearance!

DD has a build a bear, wish I could just buy a bear t-shirt!

Thanks for the heads-up on the pirate, there is a local consignment shop that has tons of costumes right now CHEAP!

In the $1 section of Target I found dry erase boards and note pads with magnets on the back (supposed to be used for a fridge or locker) that were fantastic to use on our cabin doors to leave notes and funny pictures for each other. Any time we left the cabin we left a note where we were headed and it was a great way for the people we were travelling with to be able to find us. We also left each other silly notes/pix for each other. Added a bit of extra fun/convenience. The dry erase boards came with pens that attached.

Best,

Mia

We're going to be on the same cruise!

How about some of her favorite snacks (small goldfish crackers, etc) in the bucket. You could probably get a lot after Halloween on clearance, I've seen a lot of them this year that aren't just candy.

Since Santa is bringing our cruise this year, Santa has a goodie box filled with 'tropical' items. They will be part of the annual Christmas morning scavenger hunt to find his 'big' gift. There are several webkinz (a manatee, dolphin, clownfish, triggerfish, toucan) a pair of tropical bird jibitz (for crocs) a light up desk top palm tree, a bottle of sun block, a bag of sand, a snow globe beach scene, a toy model replica of our ship....I'm going to get a few pirate items and right now swim suits are on sale at wal mart for $3.00, I've picked up 2 pair and I'm going get 2 more. Beach towles are 3 for $7.50 so I've picked up 3 of them.

Good luck shopping......

Archived