NCL SKY vs RCCL MAJESTY

spasm2003

• 2 weeks later...

Hi spasm2003,

I sailed on the Majesty of the Seas AFTER her renovation. During the renovation, they gutted the entire spa & fitness area. Unfortunately, the new, MUCH smaller locker room and steam room (there no longer is a sauna on this ship) are tiny. Also, the steam room was NEVER functional (it should have been "brand new" when I sailed) during my entire 3-day cruise.

I have not sailed the NCL Sky, but I have read that is has a steam "pod" room (pre-fabbed, plastic walls), seemed to function well and seats perhaps 4 people total. However, overall, I read that the spa facilities were very sparse and the ship continues to suffer from service issues.

If you're truly keen on steam & sauna options on a shorter cruise, consider the Navigator of the Seas (RCI), which does 4 & 5-night cruises out of Fort Lauderdale over the winter. Lately, they've been having some GREAT promotions and several 4-night cruises were going for way-less than $90 a night for an inside cabin. I've traveled on that ship and KNOW that the steam & sauna rooms are huge (each seat 10+ people), and the locker & shower facilities are extensive & comfortable. I enjoy getting ready for dinner down there, as there's TONS more space...and the steaming in enjoyable too. Also, recent reviews of the Navigator indicate that she has been very-well maintained and looks real-good, overall. (I'm sailing 12/11/08).

Bon voyage,

Gigglewolf-of-the-Seas

:D

Archived