Ports to buy Coach purses

rob6465

I agree with the other posters that have a problem with fake designer bags. Yes you are paying an individual for the bag, but you are supporting thieves. Carry a designer bag for the quality, workmanship, or guarantee. Not just a label.

Another good place to get authentic Coach bags is TJ Maxx and Marshall's. I have bought quite a few for over 60% off retail.

At the straw market in Nassau I bought a "Kate Spade" and a "Coach" for $45 (for both). They have TONS of them there, I found a couple I wanted and the lady told me $100 each, and I kindly said no thank you, we haggled back and forth and I told her $40, I meant each, but she thought I meant for both and told me that I needed to go home where I make the big bucks and go back to church, I wasn't trying to be rude or "cheat" her so I just said no thank you again and walked away, a couple seconds later she ran after me with the purses in a sack saying "give me $40" so I did and she thanked me and went back to haggle with the next person.

Great Story!!!! Kudos to your wife. Also, just wondering........

why would you put a $600 purse on the dirty floor of the mall?

Trust me..................You dont!

Either the woman was ignorant and thought she had an authentic bag or a plain stupid phoney. I can spot a fake by a stitch flaw or any flaw myself. I must know your wife babyher! lol

I wouldn't know a fake Coach, Prada or anything else because I refuse to pay that kinda money for a purse. I have a niece who works for Coach and gets everything 50% off and I'm still not willing to pay that price for any of their stuff. I just go to Marshall's or TJ Maxx and find a good ole black purse and carry it until the strap breaks, then it's time for a new one.

Trust me..................You dont!

Either the woman was ignorant and thought she had an authentic bag or a plain stupid phoney. I can spot a fake by a stitch flaw or any flaw myself. I must know your wife babyher! lol

She was a scammer. She knew this young girl with the child wouldn't know a real Prada from a fake one, and as long as she sees the "Prada" tag on it, she would know her child ruined something expensive.

This woman was trying to pull one over on this girl.. My wife saw this and wasn't gonna have it.

Plus my wife wourked with far too many women EXACTLY like the one with the purse, and she was more than happy to put her in her place *LOL*

As long as you know the purses are not real, then it's on you whether to buy one. My wife purchased a "fake" Coach bag in NY for $70 AND had a real one for 3 times the amount and the fake one is still good and real one tore in 2 areas. Nowadays there are knockoffs on everything...watch, cologne, bed sheets, purses, dresses, etc.

All you had to do was bring the real one to Coach and they would have repaired it.. FREE

Those aren't designer bags, though. :mad:

They're counterfeit. Know what you're buying and what the consequences are of supporting the couterfeit trade.

If you want a Coach bag at a good price, buy one at an outlet store. You're getting the real thing and the real lifetime guarantee.

Agreed! Coach is not expensive enough to warrant purchasing a fake...(MHO)

How can you be sure???

Go to Coach.com and register the serial number inside the bag

True story

My DW has a black belt in shopping *LOL* She knows the real from the fake in purses, clothing, jewelry, you name it.

I believe there is a book or a web site that has all the little secrets (how something is stitched, the exact location of a tag, or serial number, stuff like that) and that is her bible *LOL*

Anyway , a while back she was in the mall with DD and they were eating in the food court. A few tables away a young woman was sitting with a little girl and they were eating and the little girl spills a drink that flows down the table all over the floor and all over the purse of the lady that was sitting next to her.

The poor mom is frntic, she couldn't apologize enough . the woman who owned the purse threw a fit . She claimed it was a genuine ,I think she said Prada, it was only a month old and it cost $600

The poor mom was so upset and couldn't apologize enough and hearing $600 only made her feel worse . This girl obviously could not afford to replace the purse. And the woman Ok her purse was ruined , but she was a complete Beotch.

My wife, watching the whole thing notices the purse. and (shrinking violet that she is :)) tells the woman that she is full of crap, that that is not a real Prada purse because of some little design flaw that only my wife and Prada know *LOL*

The woman became very indignant and much told my wife to mind her own business.

My wife made her a deal "Lets go over to Lord and Taylor, or Macys, or Nordstroms (all in the mall they were in and who all sell REAL Prada purses) and if it is real, my wife saiid she would give her the $600.

the woman went totally white, cursed at my wife a little more and then picked up her soggy Prada and walked away.

The other people in the food court applauded (according to my DD who considers the incident the most embarressing thing my wife has ever done *LOL*

The young mother was in shock , she was trembleing.

My DD reassured her "Trust me my mother does crazy sh*t like this all the time. *LOL*

i love this story.. love it!

my 12 year old son would tell you this is the type of Mom i am too, and just think... he has 6 more years of me embarassing him and doing "crazy sh*t"! what a wonderful person your wife was to do that! :D

Where in Cozumel did you puchase your handbags? I'll be visiting soon and I enjoy having some of the "foaches". I usually try to carry my "foaches" when traveling or to school rather than my "real" ones.

I also am interested in knowing this information... i'll be there in early december...

thanks!

Be very carefully as these stores generally sell fakes and charge exorbitant amounts of money for them. In Ocho Rios a store by the name of the Taj Mahal makes a living out of it. Designer companies like coach do not sell to discount stores and therefor it is impossible for these stores to sell them at half price unless they are stolen or knock-offs.

Heres a ?

Do people really think the fakes are real....???

...........Why do some leave the fake leather hang tag ON a bag after they purchase the fake? To me that says they think it is authentic. Louis Vuitton products do not have hang tags hanging off their bags (or any products for that matter).

Babyher, as someone else mentioned, that was a great thing your wife did! I will also continue to embarass my kids the same way! My DD is now 20 and already thanks me for being ME!! :D :p

Thanks Folks

My DW has a heart of Gold , she would (and does) do anything for anyone, she is a fantastic mother. Just don't screw with her *LOL* She will go for the jugular. especially if someone does something to the kids. And when she sees something wrong , or smeone getting mistreated she has to open her mouth.

She just saw this woman carrying on wayyyyyy to much about this purse (she actually called her husband on her cell phone during all this and told him the story.)and the $600 and then she looks at it and said that is no way a real Prada , and she is just out to scam this poor girl who is already feeling terrible.

Don't feel bad folks , My mom just turned 85 and she is still doing crazy sh*t *LOL* She says it is what keeps her young :)

Am I the only one here who sees a problem with the fact that the knock-off bags are illegal? As in a stolen trademark?

I was noticing that, too - that no one seems to have a problem with fakes as long as people think they're carrying a "status" name. I have moral qualms about counterfeit purchases, especially having read the articles that have been posted here about where the money goes. :mad:

Heres a ?

Do people really think the fakes are real....???

...........Why do some leave the fake leather hang tag ON a bag after they purchase the fake? To me that says they think it is authentic. Louis Vuitton products do not have hang tags hanging off their bags (or any products for that matter).

Babyher, as someone else mentioned, that was a great thing your wife did! I will also continue to embarass my kids the same way! My DD is now 20 and already thanks me for being ME!! :D :p

I agree.. I have yet to see a fake that I could not spot..

If someone does not want to spend the money on the real thing, and I can completely understand that.. just purchase a good no name.. Coach isnt all that'. lol!

I was noticing that, too - that no one seems to have a problem with fakes as long as people think they're carrying a "status" name. I have moral qualms about counterfeit purchases, especially having read the articles that have been posted here about where the money goes. :mad:

I am with you.. I agree.. But what I still dont understand is why a fake Coach?? The fakes are so fake looking.. and please.. dont post I could not tell.. we can tell ! :p

Some people have a problem with Walmart ..:eek: . They should only know where the knock offs come from

From Coach Website.

Combating counterfeiting of Coach product is an important objective for Coach. The counterfeiters illegally profit at the expense of Coach and affect the entire economy through lost revenues and taxes. In addition, counterfeiters do not typically honor safety and environmental regulations, namely child labor and anti-sweatshop laws. Without a doubt, the high quality and workmanship embodied in genuine Coach product is not duplicated in the counterfeit product; counterfeit quality is typically poor.

Coach DOES NOT offer its merchandise for sale through individuals, street vendors, unauthorized retail locations, internet auctions, or at house parties. The ONLY avenues in which Coach offers its merchandise for sale is via: 1) Coach Stores; 2) Coach Factory Stores; 3) Direct Coach Catalog Sales; 4) Authorized Department Stores; 5) authorized specialty stores; 6) limited duty free locations; 7) corporate accounts; and 8) our website, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx If you purchase a Coach item from an unauthorized source, such as an internet auction, Coach is not required to offer a determination regarding the item's authenticity. Also, Coach will not provide specific tips on how to determine if an item is counterfeit. As you can understand, counterfeiters could use this information to the detriment of Coach. The only way to guarantee the authenticity of a Coach item is to purchase it via the avenues listed above.

To report counterfeiters, please call the counterfeit hotline at xxxxxxxxx or e-mail the information requested below to to xxxxxxxxxxxxx. If you wish, you may remain anonymous. Please find below a list of the information that will assist Coach in taking action:

Where is the location?

What kind of location is it (i.e. retail, street vendor, flea market, internet, factory, etc.)? If you are reporting an internet auction seller, please provide the seller name and/or item number of the item at issue.

What quantities and styles are being sold?

Are counterfeits of any other companies present? If so, which companies?

Do the items bear any Coach trademarks (Coach name, logo, beaded chain and hangtag, Signature C), or are they confusingly similar to our designs and/or trademarks?

Please be assured that every lead is a priority and investigated as soon as possible. Your assistance is greatly appreciated and sends a strong message to counterfeiters that their illegal activity will not be tolerated. And remember, if the deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Where in Cozumel did you puchase your handbags? I'll be visiting soon and I enjoy having some of the "foaches". I usually try to carry my "foaches" when traveling or to school rather than my "real" ones.

As you walk away from the cruise port, there's a main street with a giant Mexican flag.

Just a little way past the flag is a very small shop (not even a shop, more a hole between shops).

They also sell some... really bad fakes.. in the market area as you get off the ship... but the guy in the small shop has better ones.

I agree.. I have yet to see a fake that I could not spot..

If someone does not want to spend the money on the real thing, and I can completely understand that.. just purchase a good no name.. Coach isnt all that'. lol!

I agree! But apparently only about three of us do. :rolleyes:

A $20 bag from Target will hold your stuff just as well as a Coach if you can't afford one. Then you know at least it's not illegal. Also - bringing more than one fake back into the U.S. can get you in trouble with Customs.

Another good reason to not buy fakes...

http://www.wisn.com/news/2191330/detail.html

Funds linked to mafia and terrorists

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/prohibited_restricted.xml

Trademarked and Copyrighted Articles

CBP enforces laws relating to the protection of trademarks and copyrights. Articles that infringe a federally registered trademark or copyright or copyright protected by the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works are subject to detention and/or seizure. Infringing articles may consist of articles that use a protected right without the authorization of the trademark or copyright owner or articles that copy or simulate a protected right.

Articles bearing marks that are counterfeit or inappropriately using a federally registered trademark are subject to seizure and forfeiture.The importation of articles intended for sale or public distribution bearing counterfeit marks may subject an individual to a civil fine if the registered trademark has also been recorded with CBP. Articles bearing marks that are confusingly similar to a CBP recorded registered trademark , and restricted gray market articles (goods bearing genuine marks not intended for U.S. importation for which CBP granted gray market protection) are subject to detention and seizure.

However, travelers arriving in the United States may be permitted an exemption and allowed to import one article of each type, which must accompany the person, bearing a counterfeit, confusingly similar or restricted gray market trademark, provided that the article is for personal use and is not for sale.

This exemption may be granted not more than once every 30 days. The arriving passenger may retain one article of each type accompanying the person. For example, an arriving person who has three purses, whether each bears a different infringing trademark, or whether all three bear the same infringing trademark, is permitted only one purse. If the article imported under the personal exemption provision is sold within one year after the date of importation, the article or its value is subject to forfeiture.

In regard to copyright infringement, articles that are determined by CBP to be clearly piratical of a protected copyright, i.e., unauthorized articles that are substantially similar to a material protected by a copyright, are subject to seizure. A personal use exemption for articles, similar to that described above also applies to copyrighted articles for the personal, non-commercial use of the importer and are not for sale or distribution.

You may bring back genuine trademarked and copyrighted articles (subject to duties). Products subject to copyright protection most commonly imported include software on CD-ROMs, sound recordings, toys, stuffed animals, clothing with cartoon characters, videotapes, DVDs, music CDs, and books. Products subject to trademark protection most commonly imported include handbags and accessories, and clothing.spacerclear.gif

spacerclear.gif

Trademarked and Copyrighted Articles

CBP enforces laws relating to the protection of trademarks and copyrights. Articles that infringe a federally registered trademark or copyright or copyright protected by the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works are subject to detention and/or seizure. Infringing articles may consist of articles that use a protected right without the authorization of the trademark or copyright owner or articles that copy or simulate a protected right.

Articles bearing marks that are counterfeit or inappropriately using a federally registered trademark are subject to seizure and forfeiture.The importation of articles intended for sale or public distribution bearing counterfeit marks may subject an individual to a civil fine if the registered trademark has also been recorded with CBP. Articles bearing marks that are confusingly similar to a CBP recorded registered trademark , and restricted gray market articles (goods bearing genuine marks not intended for U.S. importation for which CBP granted gray market protection) are subject to detention and seizure.

However, travelers arriving in the United States may be permitted an exemption and allowed to import one article of each type, which must accompany the person, bearing a counterfeit, confusingly similar or restricted gray market trademark, provided that the article is for personal use and is not for sale.

This exemption may be granted not more than once every 30 days. The arriving passenger may retain one article of each type accompanying the person. For example, an arriving person who has three purses, whether each bears a different infringing trademark, or whether all three bear the same infringing trademark, is permitted only one purse. If the article imported under the personal exemption provision is sold within one year after the date of importation, the article or its value is subject to forfeiture.

In regard to copyright infringement, articles that are determined by CBP to be clearly piratical of a protected copyright, i.e., unauthorized articles that are substantially similar to a material protected by a copyright, are subject to seizure. A personal use exemption for articles, similar to that described above also applies to copyrighted articles for the personal, non-commercial use of the importer and are not for sale or distribution.

You may bring back genuine trademarked and copyrighted articles (subject to duties). Products subject to copyright protection most commonly imported include software on CD-ROMs, sound recordings, toys, stuffed animals, clothing with cartoon characters, videotapes, DVDs, music CDs, and books. Products subject to trademark protection most commonly imported include handbags and accessories, and clothing.spacerclear.gif

spacerclear.gif

I just don't understand why people want to wear fakes. And yes, most of them are obvious. And if you can't tell from the bag- look at their shoes. I laugh when I see all these people carrying fake bags and then turned over payless shoes. Is it that serious? Is it really that much of a status symbol? And out of all things fake- coach. Coach is like the lowest on the totem pole as far as luxury bags go. At least spend a little more money and go to marshalls or tj maxx and get the real thing. Those of you who have a loehmanns or century 21 go there for bargains on real items.

I had heard there was a coach outlet in St. Maartens am I correct? and I've heard that it's duty free, as well as tax free..has anyone purchased from them, I am in Canada and we do not have Coach outlets here...I will be doing pre cruise in FLL and if there is one there could you let me know...thank you..

Unfortunately there are many more people that only care about appearances and not what is morally correct. As I said earlier buying a fake on purpose is the same as buying stolen merchandise. And the buyer should get in trouble for it.

I got a nice bag at the outlet store in Key West last month. Made me a little upset however, as we entered the store, it had been open for about half an hour, they were replacing the 50% off clearance with a 30% off sign. I questioned if I could still get the half off but was told no. They said they gave it to the first customer who came in. Apparently they forgot to change the sign when they closed the day before. There was a couple shopping and the husband said it was due to the fact that they know when the cruise ship customers come in and raise the prices. Don't know, but I did get a cute bag for around 65% off of regular retail. I was happy!

I just don't understand why people want to wear fakes. And yes, most of them are obvious. And if you can't tell from the bag- look at their shoes. I laugh when I see all these people carrying fake bags and then turned over payless shoes. Is it that serious? Is it really that much of a status symbol? And out of all things fake- coach. Coach is like the lowest on the totem pole as far as luxury bags go. At least spend a little more money and go to marshalls or tj maxx and get the real thing. Those of you who have a loehmanns or century 21 go there for bargains on real items.

I saw a crazy Lady in the village -mismatched velour jogging suit.. carry what she thought others would believe was a $10,000 Hermes Birkin... You just had to laugh...

I saw a crazy Lady in the village -mismatched velour jogging suit.. carry what she thought others would believe was a $10,000 Hermes Birkin... You just had to laugh...

Ha! You make me miss home! I am now in South Carolina where they wear fake things they can't pronounce. :D

I just don't understand why people want to wear fakes. And yes, most of them are obvious. And if you can't tell from the bag- look at their shoes. I laugh when I see all these people carrying fake bags and then turned over payless shoes. Is it that serious? Is it really that much of a status symbol?

I carry a Coach bag and wear crocs.... is it a problem???:confused:

Archived