PV-Lindo Mar resort south of town a cool place to snorkel?

malincali

Isn't Lindo Mar in the southside of town??? I don't think any area right in PV is good for snorkelling

Lindo Mar if I'm correct is located either in Mismayloa or near there and looks on to Los Arcos rock formation where the boats go to snorkel. As for snorkeling in front off Lindo I'm not sure you can get down the cliff.

Personally I would do a boat tour excursion for snorkeling as most places are hard to get to on your own.

I do know that they have one of the best brunches around and have for years.

Can someone confirm if Lindo Mar resort south of town is a cool place to snorkel ?

Here is the resort's web site - http://www.lindomarresort.com/ and it is located in the Conchas Chinas area immediately south of Puerto Vallarta. Here is a map that shows it as being just north of Dreams - http://www.vallartainfo.com/conchas.html

As a general rule, there are very few "cool" places on Banderas Bay where people snorkel from the beach. The underwater structures that attract and hold sea life are out in deeper water.

Hop a bus or taxi south to Mismaloya or Boca de Tomatlan and hire a panga to take you out to the Los Arcos Marine reserve.

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Take a bus south to Mismaloya and get off at the Barcelo. Walk around the left side of the hotel on a small driveway to access the beach (public). There are lots of pangas pulled up on the beach that will take you out to Los Arcos, which you can see from the beach. The price is very negotiable...about $20 per person. The angelfish there are spectacular, deep purple and bright yellow! There is a dive shop at the north end of the beach which also offers tours, a little higher price.

Archived