NCL haolding back accessible cabins?

Lowie

we have been eyeballing a short cruise on the NCL sky and while checking out prices i went to the website several days in a row and each time the accessible cabins were unavailable. then i finally put a courtesy hold on 2 regular cabins. i wasn't able to pay before the hold expired and the next day a rep called me to try to sell me on this cruise. he offered me a cabin that i knew to be accessible and then proceeded to tell me that almost all of the accessible cabins were available.:confused:

i wonder why, for weeks they were all gone (i think there are 6 insides) and then they were all available. weird.

Hi Lowie,

I'm not familar with NCL's program but could it be that they are doing the right thing and not listing the H/C cabins? It use to be that on RCCL they never listed the H/C cabins and you had to call and be secured through the special needs dept. before you could get the cabin. It would be nice it all lines would start this again and be able to control the rooms better.

Valentine's Mom has it right....they don't list the accessible cabins as available, except to travel agents and in-house, until shortly before final payment - if they are not sold by then, they are released into the inventory on the general website and such. You can get them earlier by going through a Travel Agent or calling their 800 Rez people.

Valentine's Mom has it right....they don't list the accessible cabins as available, except to travel agents and in-house, until shortly before final payment - if they are not sold by then, they are released into the inventory on the general website and such. You can get them earlier by going through a Travel Agent or calling their 800 Rez people.

This must be something new. When NCL revamped there website, a big gripe on here when they did that was you were able to book handicapped cabins through the website, no questions asked. Looks like NCL has finally smartened up about it.

They might have been reserved ahead of time and then canceled...or a big travel agency had a block of them and released them back...?

My sister is handicapped and I know we always have to book way in advance to get an HC cabin. A few cruises she was not able to get on because the cabins were already booked. Even so, going without her, I did spot lots of wheelchairs on the ship!

coka

Archived