Corfu to Paleokastritsa

We are on October 29th cruise Grand Princess Greek Islands . We would like to take the local bus from Corfu town to Paleokastritsa . Has anyone done this if so can you tell me where the bus station is and how to get a timetable on line thank you J

Hi, I just noticed your question on another thread and believe you are asking if there is a bus from Corfu to this location.

I don't know the answer but am interested in doing something in Corfu so wonder if you can tell me about this location; are there ship sponsored excursions available? We will be there on the Brilliance of the Seas next summer.

Thanks

Kathy:)

I assume you mean the beach and caves. I made a brief stop there last year on a private tour in a taxi. I would not count on a bus. It seems a bit remote to be stuck waiting for a bus. If you send me your e-mail I will send you a few photos I took.

We have just been to Corfu and hired a car for 35 euros for the day to go and see the island. Don't miss going up towards Lakones for fantastic views down to the coast. The car hire rep was on the pier waiting for us near the taxi rank. (Corfu Sunrise car hire)

Hi Kathy Most cruise ships run tous for Corfu , however we thought we would try doing an independant trip using local buses , the island is not very big and an early start seems the thing to aim for . i will post again to you when we return and let you know how we faired .Janet

Hi Kathy Most cruise ships run tous for Corfu , however we thought we would try doing an independant trip using local buses , the island is not very big and an early start seems the thing to aim for . i will post again to you when we return and let you know how we faired .Janet

Thanks Janet; I will look for your review. Have a wonderful cruise.

Kathy:)

Car & Drivers for hire are lined up and waiting at the port in Corfu.

We (2 of us) went over and negotiated $80Euros for the day. We also checked for a non-smoking driver/car from the 8 or so available. All the cars were nice, mostly mercedes E class. You can tell the driver what you'd like to see, what type of lunch or shopping, etc. We saw ship passengers at a couple of the stops. I hate the bus thing especially in a port that is so beautiful. You can get better pictures with a car and you're not wasting time waiting for the bus to load/unload. I especially hate waiting for other passengers to get on the bus, who are late returning. This happens a lot - they're lost or still shopping?

Archived