Third Princess Brochure This Week

bjkTX

Yesterday (or the day before?) Princess 2009 Alaska Cruises & Cruisetours sent to Wanda and a very large HAL brochure to both of us.

We get LOTS of info from Princess and HAL, some from Cunard and an occasional NCL.

I like looking but never have and most likely never will book because of a brochure. There MUST be a way to opt out of all of this. We get lots of info on-line at the Princess site and sure can find all we want here on CC.

Has anyone tried to call off the mailings?

Chuck

I belong to the Princess cruise web site which gives me all the cruise brochures on line with an option to receive the actual brochure or video if i request it only and never get one in the mail unless i request it.

Another Princess brochure arrived today. I haven't called to opt out but am considering doing so after reading this thread. Like another poster said, I too am unlikely to book because of a brochure.

Maybe they should add that question to the personalizer.....

we could opt to receive future information on sailings via email or by mail once or twice a year.

One reason for all the mailings is that if you have something in your hands, you're more apt to do something about it. I, like other posters, like to peruse the catalog and dream of my next cruise... check out deck plans... etc.

It's also the same reason they print all those darn photos during a voyage. You're more apt to buy one if you have it in your hot little hands! :rolleyes:

I think it is really indicative of the state of the economy. I'll bet that they all are experiencing a real slow down in bookings coupled with an uptick in cancellations. People are very cautious and one of the first things to go might be that cruise they have planned.

Scary times.

Just wait until our tax cuts expire, there goes my cruise budget...

We get these as well, just one copy but from almost every cruise line.

I think we are seeing these more frequently because of the rapidly changing financial crisis. I just wish they would be more accurate with their specials as I can always find a lower rate with a TA then the price on their so called "specials"

I received a new one from Cunard yesterday (we have only sailed on Princess). I'm madly looking under couch cushions to see if I can come up with the $43,000 they want for the one cruise (actually I need less than that since they give me $2,000 ship board credit!).

Archived