Pearl Panama Canal 4/19/09-No Balconies???

KMR

I just checked several cruisesites, including NCl's, and discovered that there are no balcony cabins available for sale for this cruise. I know a lot of travel agents read this board and would any of you happen to know why there are no balconies for sale? I have a balcony booked on this cruise and if it is sold out to a charter group, is there a way to find out who this charter could be? I called NCL and all they would tell me is that the balcony cabins are no longer available. Depending on who this group may be, it might affect if I still want to take this cruise. I would appreciate any information you may have regarding this situation. Thank you.

I'm not a travel agent - but after looking on NCL's website I'd have to say that they didn't want to include the balcony cabins in the current sales promotion (the balconies on a Panama canal always sell)

Really don't think that they've been all booked - and if the ship was chartered they usually take the whole ship not just one type of stateroom. (I think) ;)

I think it is probably just really sold out (with the ones that TA's might still have available for sale) since it is a repo cruise. A.) balconies are very popular on longer voyages and B.) balconies are very popular on Alaskan and Panama Canal cruises. With those two factors combined, I'm not surprised they have sold out of balcony staterooms for your cruise. I honestly would not worry about it. I think you are going to have a great time.

A lot of folks book WAY ahead of time (like myself!) and just put down a deposit on the stateroom. My bet is that closer to sailing, say 3-6 months out, there will be balconies to fill!!

You'll love this cruise no matter where you sail onboard~~~I'm doing my 2nd transit in Sept. 09 ;)

I've checked out the 19 nighter - and tried to do a booking for everything from an AE on up and it will not process on NCL's site.

I've also tried one of the online sites and it says "GTY" only - for all suites.

Which is really weird with the repo being 6 months out - I plan on keeping my eye on this one. Miami to Vancouver would be a nice trip.

Thank all of you for responding . I still think something is going on here. I have been checking on this cruise almost weekly for months since I booked my cruise last spring. Whenever NCL had a cruise sale, this cruise was always listed, but it was never included in a sale price. They had the usual six or seven cabins listed to choose from in all levels. Now out of nowhere, every balcony cabin in gone, overnight. All of the other Panama Canal cruises balconies are still available, just not for this cruise. This really doesn't sound possible. I'll keep an eye on this since final payment is not due for several months. I just don't want to find myself on a two week cruise where I may feel uncomfortable or out of place.

Archived