PV - Blue Chairs?

SweetP2

Hi there. My DW and I will be on the Oosterdam in February doing the 7 day mexican riveria.

We have heard about the "Blue Chairs" in (downtown area) Puerto Vallarta and are interested in heading to the beach (the Blue Chairs) to hang out for the day in port.

Hoping this board will assist with questions:

Are these Blue Chairs at the front of a specific resort/hotel in PV? Will there be washroom facilities available to use, drinks, palapas, wait service?

If so, does it cost any charge? Or do you just pull up a blue chair and ENJOY - and order drinks, food and pay for what you purchase?

Appreciate hearing from the cruising lesbians of their visit / experience at the PV Blue Chairs!

Regards,

OK, I have not been there for about 4 years so it could have changed.

You can show up at the beach and grab a set of chairs (blue) and up until the last time we were there we did not pay for the chairs. You do have to order food and drinks, but for us that was a no brainer. If there was a minimum amount I am sure we always exceeded it but there was never a mention of it. Think of them as bar stools at a bar (except it is just a little better) you would never pay for a stool or have a minimum order to fill to sit there. Anyway it is great to sit in the sand and have people wait on you. Mexico is great for that.

The gay scene in PV is very male oriented, but that should in no way stop you from going to the blue chairs, unless you are offended by the speedo :0 If is was The Eagle at midnight on a Saturday then I might suggest to any women that they pick another venue. It is a really nice way to spend the day on the beach and because it is a gay spot you can be yourself.

As for washrooms I can not say I remember them. There are hotels behind that have facilities too.

Have fun and enjoy one of my favorite spots in Mexico

etoile and BrianTom:

Thanks both for your replies. I checked out the article, good info and is what we thought was the "setup" for the "blue chairs".

Won't be offended with speedos - I'm not a "pretty" site in a bathing suite...so, we'll be equal (hehehe).

We were in PV last year during our Panama Canal Repositioning cruise, was on the beach front of Krystal Resort and one of the beach sellers mentioned to us that we should check out the 'blue chairs'. So that is where we first heard about them...funny, he had figured us OUT :) And with your replies, the article, that is exactly what we'll be doing this trip.

Happy cruisin!

Correct on all accounts. There are Blue chairs and palapa's in front of the Blue Chair hotel. It is at the very end of the zona romantica, and all the taxi's know where to take you. No charge for chairs, but eating & drinking is encouraged. Drink prices are fair, and so is the food. The "scenery" is always quite interesting!! There is one restroom right off of the beach, which is locked and has an attendant (for tips of course). The tide and waves can be quite rough/exciting as it's at the end of the crescent. It's fun to walk north of the Blue chairs on the beach and get all the way to the Malecon boardwalk.....about 1/2 mile. The cobblestone streets are very quaint. Our favorite bar is Garbo's, about 2 blocks from the Blue Chairs. It's an urban/contemporary martini bar with live music on the weekends. We have a time-share in PV, plus have cruised there a few times. You will make it back to the ship in less than 15 minutes by taxi, and it should be less than $10. From the ship they may charge you a little more to get you downtown.......as they know you're thirsty!! Feel free to ask more questions.

S & G

Sorry, I should have indicated as to the percentages. Every time we've been there, the beach scene was about 80/20% male to female. We've stayed there overnite and there were more women there than I thought there would be, which we REALLY appreciated! The Bingo on the rooftop with "Ida Slapter" was such a hoot! The "Garbo's" bar was more evenly split between the sexes. You'll enjoy it.

Archived