Cost of Internet Use

Gypsy025

I don't know the exact costs but if you take there best package you can get it down I think .25 min. I bring a laptop and for the most part it works well. Have you cruised Seabourn before? I also bring my blackberry and that does very well. (world edition from verizon)

It doesnt matter if you use the Seabourn computers or your own equipment....costs are the same.....EXPENSIVE....I usually take an 8 hour package and its around $160...then I have to buy more cos I run out! :eek: At least if you take your own laptop you can write everything "off line" then just connect to copy and paste....if you use the Seabourn computers you pay from the minute you log on...wouldnt want to write as much as I do that way!!

I have a verizon world edition blackberry for a fee you can have access to all your emails and make emails for one flat fee. As well as getting on the net. The fee I believe is about 65.00 per month. I am sure att has the same. But using your cell can be very costly min 1.99 a min. I have skipe on my laptop and I use there phone. It works pretty good on board. About .025 per min. But if your calling partner has skipe it free talking computer to computer.

That seabourn widen the band with on all the ships. I have no clue what that means. But when I sit at the sky bar or the show lounge I get great reception. I also bought a d link external antenna that helped as well. The problem is that you can have great signal and if the ship satellite is down you have no way of knowing until you get a message and says you cannot connect. In the meantime you are paying for minutes. I always check with the pursers office before i connect and I keep a written log and ask for a credit if i don't get connected. I have never been turned down. They are so nice about the chronic problem. I must admit that in some cases they put a sign outside the computer room and say the service is down. Also if you look at the cable channel (CNN) or similar Chanel in your cabin and there is snow you know for sure you computer won't work correct. I hope I made some sense.

The problem is that you can have great signal and if the ship satellite is down you have no way of knowing until you get a message and says you cannot connect. In the meantime you are paying for minutes. I always check with the pursers office before i connect and I keep a written log and ask for a credit if i don't get connected.

The first time I experienced this, I wound up having a minor meltdown directed at one of the asst. cruise directors. :rolleyes: Since then I am more patient. :D

For the last couple of days I have been using wonderful, fast and free broadband wireless in airport lounges and now in the hotel in Rome.

I think I'm in for a big shock once I board the ship!

Steve.

Archived