question about coco cay

AllieZeus

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows whether you can rent waverunners at Coco Cay if you don't do the group waverunner excursion. I would like to just rent a wave runner on my own for an hour rather than go with a large group. Is this possible or do you have to go with the group only?

Also, is it really mandatory that you rent a life vest if you want to snorkel in the water at Coco Cay even if you bring your own mask and snorkel?

Thanks for any replies!

When we went to coco cay we did not rent waverunners though it is my understanding that if you don't go with the guide there is a restricted area that you must stay with in. I did not go snorkeling however my finace did with his own equipment and did not wear a life jacket.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="2005" value=2004>

<param name="4" value=4>

<param name="01" value=26>

<param name="18" value=18>

</applet>

Is that on the celebrity site under excursions?

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="2005" value=2004>

<param name="4" value=4>

<param name="01" value=26>

<param name="18" value=18>

</applet>

The waverunner is a guided excursion. Cost is $95 per waverunner, which covers 1 or 2 people (no extra charge for the passenger). The excursion is 50 minutes, and is listed on Celebrity's excursion site (Coco Cay is at the bottom of the Caribbean destinations list, out of alphabetical order).

The staff was emphatic that they did not allow unguided use of the waverunners. The reason given was extensive hazardous reefs and shallows in the area. Sure looked that way to me.

The official policy for snorkeling vests is that they must be worn. I wore one, but didn't really pay much attention to what others did or did not do. The vests are the inflatable type. Deflated, you can dive freely. Blow some air into it and you can float without movement.

Coco Cay is the only place I've ever ridden a waverunner, and it was a blast. Click here for the story in detail.

chesterh

Cruise stories, pictures and videos at chesterh.com

Last cruise, aboard the Millennium, E. Caribbean (but who's counting?)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;2;22;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived