In-room internet access?

septrack

I emailed Celebrity recently and was provided the cost of the Connection at Sea in-room internet rates. I was shocked to find out that instead of the $100/trip unlimited usage rate I was charged on my Summit cruise in 2000, it now cost $25/day for only 50 minutes. (or $275 for the 11 day trip)

I recently was reading the CC review of the Summit ( booked again this Dec) and it mentioned the $25/day rate. However, it also mentioned a $150/trip rate. Nothing was mentioned in my email from Celebrity of this option. Does anyone know if this option does indeed exist? Also, if available, does it offer unlimited access?

I appreciate any comments.

I emailed Celebrity recently and was provided the cost of the Connection at Sea in-room internet rates. I was shocked to find out that instead of the $100/trip unlimited usage rate I was charged on my Summit cruise in 2000, it now cost $25/day for only 50 minutes. (or $275 for the 11 day trip)

I recently was reading the CC review of the Summit ( booked again this Dec) and it mentioned the $25/day rate. However, it also mentioned a $150/trip rate. Nothing was mentioned in my email from Celebrity of this option. Does anyone know if this option does indeed exist? Also, if available, does it offer unlimited access?

I appreciate any comments.

Hi Septrack !

I have not heard anything about a $ 150 per trip rate. When I was on Summit a few months ago, it was the first week of the new rates. I was told it was $ 25 per day and that included 50 minutes per day. That was back in May, 2004.

I had mentioned to the computer staff onboard, that the new prices would be a VERY tough sell, and in fact, they had very few takers, at the higher rates that week. I really do feel the new rates are MUCH too high. At those prices, you might as well leave your laptop home, and pay the per minute rate in the internet cafe.

I have said repeatedly, that Celebrity should adopt some sort of weekly rate, along with more minutes per day.... similar to what they had in the past. I am hoping that they have addressed the issue, but I doubt it, as they have contracted the PC's out to a private company.

Hopefully, others will post comments about the $ 150 per week deal that you mentioned, but frankly, I dont think it is out there. I am sailing on Summit again in 3 weeks, and I will definately report back after my Cruise !

I hope I was of some help.

Regards,

Andy

In December I will be on Infinity and leave my laptop off-line! On my last cruise I took the $12 per day for 10 days @ $120 on Brilliance OTS, but was unable to get on the first two days so went down to CS Desk and they sent computer guy up to check. I got on and sent 1 email, then tried for several days before I could get back on again. Finally was able to send 1 more email and kicked off again! For a 10 day cruise I was only able to send 2 emails with no surfing. Went to CS Desk for a refund, all they would give me was $20 credit for the first two days! I paid $100 to send 2 emails! I am a computer engineer and know they can find exactly how long I was NOT on line, but they wouldn't do anything anything about it! The fact is: there is very little time to share between all the people who would like to get on line. I know there were people who left their computers online 24/7 (they told me so, cause they were afraid they wouldn't be able to get back on when they wanted to.) Maybe this is one reason they changed the way it works. I do know that there is only so much bandwidth for the ship so everyone must share! ...and the bridge needs total access at all times! Good luck and happy cruising!

Aloha!

debi :cool:

Hi Septrack !

I have not heard anything about a $ 150 per trip rate. When I was on Summit a few months ago, it was the first week of the new rates. I was told it was $ 25 per day and that included 50 minutes per day. That was back in May, 2004.

I had mentioned to the computer staff onboard, that the new prices would be a VERY tough sell, and in fact, they had very few takers, at the higher rates that week. I really do feel the new rates are MUCH too high. At those prices, you might as well leave your laptop home, and pay the per minute rate in the internet cafe.

I have said repeatedly, that Celebrity should adopt some sort of weekly rate, along with more minutes per day.... similar to what they had in the past. I am hoping that they have addressed the issue, but I doubt it, as they have contracted the PC's out to a private company.

Hopefully, others will post comments about the $ 150 per week deal that you mentioned, but frankly, I dont think it is out there. I am sailing on Summit again in 3 weeks, and I will definately report back after my Cruise !

I hope I was of some help.

Regards,

Andy

Thanks Andy. I agree with everything you said. I would appreciate your findings when you get back since we will be leaving a week later. (Dec 6th sailing). Also, if it is not available, I wonder who we contact to get the cruise critic's main Summit review corrected. Thanks again!

Mark

Archived