Emailing a picture from VOS

captainx

We are sailing the Med this week and my kids are staying home with the grandparents. They are already worried about seperation anxiety, so have asked us to send a picture home each day.

At home, I would simply take my smart card out of the digital, stick it in the front of the computer and attach to an email.

Does anyone know if the computers on VOS will allow you to do this? I've never used a computer at sea, so I wasn't sure if they had actual towers or if the computers were networked. Do you think I'll need a cable to attach my camera via USB, or just remove the smart card?

Thanks!

We are sailing the Med this week and my kids are staying home with the grandparents. They are already worried about seperation anxiety, so have asked us to send a picture home each day.

At home, I would simply take my smart card out of the digital, stick it in the front of the computer and attach to an email.

Does anyone know if the computers on VOS will allow you to do this? I've never used a computer at sea, so I wasn't sure if they had actual towers or if the computers were networked. Do you think I'll need a cable to attach my camera via USB, or just remove the smart card?

Thanks!

You can´t access the computer hardware onboard at all. So I´m sorry to say, but using the ships computers you won´t be able to send any pics attached to an email as there´s no way to upload pics to their computers.

If you want to do this you either need to bring your laptop or find an Internetcafe ashore and do it from there.

RCCL computers onboard have a webcam though and I think you can send picture postcards, but I´ve never used this as it´s rather expensive to do so.

cellphone pic to their email address?

You can´t access the computer hardware onboard at all. So I´m sorry to say, but using the ships computers you won´t be able to send any pics attached to an email as there´s no way to upload pics to their computers.

If you want to do this you either need to bring your laptop or find an Internetcafe ashore and do it from there.

RCCL computers onboard have a webcam though and I think you can send picture postcards, but I´ve never used this as it´s rather expensive to do so.

Archived