What did you order from room service?

Brute Bandit

I loved the shrimp salad on French roll. After I discovered them, I couldn't wait to order another one on my next cruise (Legend). What a let-down. It came on an English muffin. I thought maybe it was that way just on Legend.

So on my next cruise (Liberty) I ordered another one.....same thing.....freakin' English muffin.

I guess English muffins are cheaper than French rolls.

You wonder if they could just switch the bread for you...they have those french rolls or baguettes that they use for the Roast Beef/Brie sandwich.

I am not much of an english muffin fan and would prefer to have a sturdier bread for shrimp salad myself.

For breakfast, coffee, fruit, salmon, bagel and a banana. Mind you each item came with it's own plate and cover. Later BLT, not so good, shrimp salad was good but it came on an english muffin??

I love the shrimp salad sandwich. The one I had came on French bread. I also like the roast beef with brie sandwich, although they call it a steak sandwich now but it's really the same as it was when it was listed as roast beef.

Terri

Our cruise ritual is almost every night around 1-2 am when we get back to the cabin we order a pot of coffee -cookies/brownies and sometimes a BLT and caesar salad...

For breakfast I run up to the lido and fill a tray with food and come back and have breakfast either on the balcony or in bed with the husband.. Makes him very happy:)

You wonder if they could just switch the bread for you...they have those french rolls or baguettes that they use for the Roast Beef/Brie sandwich.

I am not much of an english muffin fan and would prefer to have a sturdier bread for shrimp salad myself.

The menu says Shrimp Salad Sandwich on French Roll. So that's what I expect. Looks like it's English muffin now.

But next time I will ask for the French Roll. If they can't do it.....no more of them for me!

I'm an early riser and love lox & bagels. Every night I filled out the RS breakfast menu and they were there promptly at the requested time every morning. Pot of coffee, bagel, cream cheese, lox, and yogurt.

It was my first cuise, and MIL told me to tip them $1, so that was what I did. I'm embarrassed now after reading here that others tip $2. So I'm curious, too, how much do you tip, and do you base it on how much you order?? :confused:

On a previous cruise, I really wanted to get a good start to the day and have breakfast delivered as a wake up call. I ordered it for 7Am thinking that would be a good time to start the day... .......

low and behold........

It was THE morning of ......

AUTUMNAL EQUINOX....

Fall back..... 6am ... Central Time ... 5am (Eastern (my)time)

sure was good, as a midnight snack~ back to bed til breakfast!

As soon as my feet hit the floor in the morning, I stumble to the phone and order a pot of coffee! Sometimes danish with it. My order has always arrived within 10-15 minutes. I tip a couple of bucks each morning.

We don't use room service much other than that. I've had the roast beef & brie sandwich....didn't really like it too much. Brownies and cookies a few times. Next time I want to try the chicken fajita wrap and the tuna on english muffin.......sounds pretty yummy! :D

Just wondering what everyone ordered from room service.:D

I'm getting so excited about our upcoming cruise I just can't hardly stand myself. It's all I can do to keep from packing. I think I'm driving my family crazy so I guess I"ll drive you guys crazy.

a little tip...... bring a bottle of baileys on...... order coffee from room service and your set for the day :p

I'm an early riser and love lox & bagels. Every night I filled out the RS breakfast menu and they were there promptly at the requested time every morning. Pot of coffee, bagel, cream cheese, lox, and yogurt.

It was my first cuise, and MIL told me to tip them $1, so that was what I did. I'm embarrassed now after reading here that others tip $2. So I'm curious, too, how much do you tip, and do you base it on how much you order?? :confused:

You'll get a lot of different ideas about this. But, you shouldn't be embarrassed by your tip. There were plenty of other cruisers on the ship that probably ordered and didn't tip at all.

As DW stated earlier we tip $2 for coffee and danish. Others state that they tip $1 per covered dish or pot which would put you at $3-4. Personally the $2 would, IMHO, be appropriate.

Charlie

The menu says Shrimp Salad Sandwich on French Roll. So that's what I expect. Looks like it's English muffin now.

But next time I will ask for the French Roll. If they can't do it.....no more of them for me!

It must vary. Last week mine was on a french roll

I LOVE LOVE LOVE breakfast on the balcony .I choose the night before-hang it on doorway - enjoy coffee,yogurt,fruit musli and I leave milk and muffins for son =leave extra milk in fridge for night meds...

My son loves sandwiches in mid pm I steal some of the chips

I love breakfast

Michele

Archived