Where does Monarch of the Seas dock in San Diego?

dalownerx3

We're going on the 4-day Baja cruise the week after Thanksgiving and the ship will be stopping in San Diego for a day. My wife's folks live in the area and we were thinking of meeting them. Does anybody know where the ship will dock? Is it an obvious location?

We live inland so we have no idea whether port information is common to all those living on the coast. :D

Thanks in advance.

The cruise terminal is near the airport and train station.

A short 2 mile taxi ride from the airport or within walking distance of AMTRAK station.

Several Hotels are nearby: A Holiday Inn is across the street from terminal. Others are also nearby.

Cruise terminal and airport are in the downtown part of San Diego. Close to Coronado (resorts), Seaport Village (restaurants & shops), the Gaslamp district (restaurants & nightclubs) and Balboa park (Zoo & museums). Plenty of fun things to do in San Diego. The Trolley is a great way to get to many of these areas.

We're going on the 4-day Baja cruise the week after Thanksgiving and the ship will be stopping in San Diego for a day. My wife's folks live in the area and we were thinking of meeting them. Does anybody know where the ship will dock? Is it an obvious location?

We live inland so we have no idea whether port information is common to all those living on the coast. :D

Thanks in advance.

If you're in- laws live in San Diego, they probably know where the cruise terminal is. If not, just tell them to take the airport exit off 5, then make a left at the harbor instead of a right. The cruise terminal is near Anthony's (restaurant) and Star of India (ship). Both of these are fairly well known.

As was previously mentioned, the Amtrak station is a block from the bay, if they will be taking Amtrak, The Coaster (communter train), or the trolley (light rail).

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Adele,

good question! It looks like the Diamond Princess or Sapphire Princess (fake jet engines and skywalkers in the aft) but I know Diamond isn't in San Diego and I didn't think that Sapphire was either (asia?). Any other ideas?

Hobie

O.K. I figured it out. It is the Sapphire Princess. I went to the Princess web site and confirmed it's location. Also checked out www.kroooz-cams.com and the picture from the Sapphire bridge cam is downtown San Diego.

Thanks for the great picture of the Carnival ship, Sapphire Princess and Monarch of the Seas!

Archived