Mobile Question

Taking my DH on our first cruise for his 40th birthday in December. We're leaving on the Holiday December 1, and will be arriving in Mobile Saturday, November 29. We're planning on maybe going to Dauphin Island Sunday and just hanging out some. Anyone know any "don't miss" opportunities there we should check out?

We're driving in, so we'll have our vehicle and lots of time to kill Sunday. Thanks in advance!

Taking my DH on our first cruise for his 40th birthday in December. We're leaving on the Holiday December 1, and will be arriving in Mobile Saturday, November 29. We're planning on maybe going to Dauphin Island Sunday and just hanging out some. Anyone know any "don't miss" opportunities there we should check out?

We're driving in, so we'll have our vehicle and lots of time to kill Sunday. Thanks in advance!

Hi gal,

There is way too much stuff to do here.

We'll be on the cruise with you. Ginger D and I are driving down early and spending a day and night at Pensacola Beach. We did the same cruise last year and had a ball in Mobile. There are several civil war forts, Dauphin Island is supposed to be nice. I haven't made it there yet.

Last year we stayed at the Battleship Inn and spent a day in the USS Alabama and the USS Drum. It was definately worth the visit if you are into WWII stuff. There are also several planes, tanks, and helicopters.

Do a Google and you can find all kinds of stuff. If you have anymore questions check out the Roll Call and Destination Boards.

Maybe we'll see you onboard.

P.S. The food in Mobile is to KILL for.;)

Ditto on the lights for Bellingrath Gardens. I think they go up at Thanksgiving.

If you want a beach, Gulf Shores has more public access than Dauphin Island. They also have many more restaurants, shops, etc. That is where all the locals go for the beach. It is closer than Pensacola Beach.

The USS Alabama is on the Causeway, very close to the port and downtown. If you stay in a downtown hotel, that would be very conventient. There are several good seafood restaurants on the Causeway. Felix's is considered to be top notch, but our personal favorite is the Original Oyster House. They are practically across the causeway from each other on the opposite end from the battleship.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived