Grand Turk post hurricane Ike

seaisme

Have asked some friends on Grand Turk who own an Inn there how we cruisers might be able to help the island recover post hurricane Ike and they have suggested helping out with school supplies. I have already started a drive for our January cruise that stops at Grand Turk. The schools are in need of all supplies; paper, pencils, crayons, books, inexpensive calculators, etc. For those with school-age children cruising, it's a nice way to get your children (and even their classmates) invloved.

So future cruisers, if you are looking for something to help out our neighbors while you are enjoying a relaxing, wonderful cruise...why not load some school supplies into a suitcase? You can use the space for your return for all those trinkets, T-shirts, booze, etc. you purchase!

I suggest the Red Cross. I took a bag full of relief supplies and called them when I got there. Cynthia is the deputy of TCI Red Cross at 649-232-1040. I left the bag at the tourist information booth at the cruise pier and she was going to send someone to pick it up.

Archived