4 in a room?

julieajr

I have cruised 3 times with 4 adults in an inside cabin. It wasn't a problem. We all had room for our clothes. Luckily, none of wanted to watch TV very often. Due to the location of the TV, when we all wanted to watch, we had 2 people on a top bunk and 2 people on the bed below. It was the only comfortable way to watch. We had established 'shower times' before boarding the ship so there was never a problem with the bathroom. I agree with the OP, it seemed like too much trouble to get everything you needed to shower at the spa. It was just easier to shower in our cabin according to the schedule we had worked out.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!!!!!

I guess to each it's own, I found our OV room to be just perfect for two people, on our upcoming cruise another friend was going, but change her mind. It would have been three in a cabin, but we all felt it would be too tight so she's looking for her a cabin mate. I think if you wish to save the money it may be worth it.:)

As a side note..... we are sailing in two weeks and we added a person last minute, not realizing we had a room with three twin beds and a pull out couch!!! Now we are begging for another room LOL. No one wants to pull out couch but we are just looking at it that at least we will have somewhere to sit this time around!

the couch does not pull out- the back comes off and it is made to the bed- its more of a convertible sofa. very comfortable

3 twin bedson the floor?? one is an upper bed. I have never seen three beds on the floor.

Nope didn't say three twins on the floor, just three twin beds, one will be upper of course...that one is mine!!!!

And thanks for the info about the couch not folding out.... that works for me, but then I won't be sleeping on it ;)

As long as I don't have to sleep in the bathroom, I really don't care at this point, just ready to go!

Depending on the deal (3rd & 4th for $99) I either book 2 cabins or 1.

Since I share the cabin with 3 females, I always let them go and get ready first. I will suffer and wait in one of the lounges. At a pre-arraged time. I will show up and the bathroom is mine.

Downfall is when they stay out late and wake us when entering.

I am an early riser an will go and get breakfast.

We are used to this and have few problems.

You do not spend much time in the cabin.

We're a family of 4, and are going on our second cruise in January. We've booked a guarantee ocean-view cabin on Destiny, with all four of us in the same room. The VC I talked to when making the reservation didn't seem to think it would be a problem.

The "kids" are 22 and 14, so they're not wee little ones. We all get along very well and don't plan to spend much time in the cabin other than sleeping. On our first cruise, we booked two cabins and it seemed like overkill. So.... are we crazy? Or has anyone else tried this and found it to work OK?

If this is a much better deal pricewise, go for it. Some other reviewers have ended up booking another cabin and saving $$ or spending a nominal fee extra, not sure how that works. We are doing a 4 room cabin this trip with our 3 and 8 year old and a room with 2 uppers. I'm anticipating it to be just fine. One tip I got from another reviewer was that the spa had two headed private showers, he suggested my husband and son go up there to get ready (we're on deck 10 and it's only one floor up, but regardless) while my daughter and I get ready in the room. That sounded like a great idea. Though there is only one bathroom in our room, there are others ALL OVER the ship... so if you can save a chunk of change, I'm with you -- use it for excursions and don't hang out in the cabin! :) Have FUN!

As long as I don't have to sleep in the bathroom, I really don't care at this point, just ready to go!

no worry about that-- even a kid wouldnt fit to sleep in there :D :D

unless you did it standing up. I think i would prefer the sofa bed over an upper bed though

Deciding on how many persons to put in one cabin is very much dependent on how you are used to vacationing.

When you get a regular hotel room, would you be willing to put your kids, or adult kids in the regular hotel room with you...beds side by side..one bathroom? If you are comfortable doing this then having 4 in a ship room will be fine. You're probably already used to working out shower times, and being careful about coming in late or gtting up early. You are probably used to leaving on a nightlight and tiptoeing around during late nite bathroom visits! You've most likely managed to all get changed for dinners and events on time even thoguh you're sharing one vanity and small storage or dressing areas.

I have cruised 3 times so far...first two times 2 adults to teen kids in the room. Last time myself and my 18 year old son shared a room. Absolutely no problems. We enjoyed bumping into each other...and had no complaints on the small cabin and facilities.

This upcoming cruise I booked my two sons (20 & 23) their own inside cabin, with my husband and I in the cabin next door. I worried that 4 ADULTS might be to crowded and wanted the boys to have a good time. Now (4 months later) my sons are both adding a friend to their room...so there will be 4 young men. Apparently they aren't the least concerned about having renough room and being crowded...I warned them that 4 guys in the room will be pretty FULL... They're answer..heck we're hardly ever in the room anyway on a cruise, I just want us all to get to go.

It's all in the attitude....

Have a great time

Vicki

If it's the only way you can afford to go, then do it,,,,nightlights in these situations are IMPORTANT,,,,you can get one for a buck at Walmart,,,You may have to review rules like max 10 minutes in the shower, and you do your hair and makeup at the vanity,,,bring extra mirrors, and a power strip. I also recommend chosing a SPECIFIC room number as opposed to gambling with a guarantee,,,Upgrades used to be alot more common, they hardly happen anymore,,,it's more important to know where you're going to be than to get upgraded to the same room one floor up.

It will take huge amounts of patience, organization and you can probably forget sleeping in:D But I've known many people who have done it successfully,,,,,I wouldn't go camping instead of cruising simply because you can't afford 2 cabins,,,

But if you can afford it easily,,,,,,2 cabins is a pretty nice luxury,,,Holly

Actually, Carnival quad cabins are very spacious. I think the 4 of us will be just fine. Aside from changing clothes in the bathroom cuz there isn't any privacy. Bathrooms are pretty small for trying to dress but we'll manage.

The alternative is to kick the opposite sex out of the room after they toss a pair of shorts on,,,,God knows my DH and my DS can get ready much faster than I or the girls can :) Holly

We had initially booked a quad balcony for dh, myself, and 2 teens, (14yo son and 17yo daughter) on the Glory in February. I called my TA the other day and we changed it to a balcony and an inside right across the hall for less money!

Apparently there was a price drop and we do get the past passenger discount, but I never would have guessed that it would be cheaper!

We are still on the Lido deck, which we originally booked. So, sometimes it only takes a phone call. The prices that you see online are not the lowest that there is. I think they can quote lower than advertised.

I would make the call. You have nothing to lose.

Good Luck!

Liz

Archived