What is a Union Discount ?

crusinmama22

I have read in severl posts about a Union Discount.

I know what a Union is, as my husband belongs to a Teachers Union, my Dad to a Carpenters Union.

But what does Union Discount mean ?

I just want to see if I can get a discount on my cruise.

Thanks to all for your help, I have found these board to be invaluable with information.

Thanks for the above info -- but I don't know how to find out if my husband's union gets a discount. He is a member of New York State Teachers Union, and so is my daughter who is also traveling with us.

WOuld I just call my travel agent ?

I really like to know the answer before I call -- that way I feel just encase they give me a no -- I can set them straight.

Thanks

According to what I was told by NCL the discount has to be applied at the time of booking and cannot be deducted later on. I tried and it was refused.

It depends on what you mean by "later on." After or before final payment? We received the union discount twice, once at booking, once after booking but before final payment.

According to what I was told by NCL the discount has to be applied at the time of booking and cannot be deducted later on. I tried and it was refused.

Got my union discount after booking. But.....the discount came off my unpaid balance and not the downpayment.

Where do I find the list of unions? I went to the website that the other posters mentioned but I can't find the actual list. It almost sounds like all unions are included. My husband is a member of the UAW and is retired from BF Goodrich.

go to http://www.unionplus.org/norwegian-cruise-lines.cfm

click on "show me ALL my union plus benefits" and you'll see a pull down list of all of the unions.

THANK YOU !! THANK YOU !!!

Just spoke to my travel agent, she did not know we were union members, she had books several !!! for us, but we will get our discount on our 2010 cruise. NICE TO KNOW.

Also can get OBC for latitudes member but have to rebook with the higher fuel rates a difference of $54. still worth it for $146 OBC.

Very Happy and I learned this on these WONDERFUL BOARDS

Archived