Kids Sail Free on MSC

sas80

Yep-it is. We've done Costa twice with the kids, and had a fun time. It was a little "different", but to our kids, we were on a boat, surrounded by the ocean, and eating tons of pizza. No difference to them!

We are trying MSC next year--for Spring Break, so I can let you know then. We imagine that it will be similar to Costa. I hear they have a high School Musical party for the kids, which my DD will LOOOOOOVE!

A full review will be provided....

CeleBrat

We are taking our 5 kids on the MSC Orchestra in late January. It will be our (hubby and I) 4th cruise, but the 1st for our kids. We did the Caribbean on the Navigator last Jan (just hubby and I) for the same price that we are going on MSC with all 7 of us....can't beat that! On the MSC boards, the reviews are mixed leaning towards negative. HOWEVER, most of the negative experiences seem to be from Americans on the European cruises, where things are a lot different (have to pay for ALL drinks and room service, majority is non-English speaking, etc). it seems like the line is changing/addressing a lot of these concerns on the US departures since they are targeting predominantly Americans on these cruises. It has been my experience that (MOST, not all) Americans are not happy with European (truly European - not the touristy areas that cater to Americans) experiences as they are very different from what we Americans are used to. However, I think if you are booking for the price (with 5 kids under 5 1/2 this is the ONLY way we would cruise with all of them as most won't even remember this vacation) and go with an open mind, it will be fine. If not, don't cruise with them again. Obviously this is just my opinion as I have not been on their ship yet. But from what I have read (and I read a TON of comments before we booked) it seems like most of the complaints were petty ones. For me, simply being away from home, not having to cook for 7+, do laundry, clean, etc will be a vacation. The rest of it (Caribbean destination in late January, swimming pool, hopefully nicer meals that I would normally eat) is just icing on the cake!

HTH!

J

On selected sailings. Cruise Critic just emailed me a flyer. Check your inbox.

What's everyone's opinion on MSC?

Your little guy is growing up! Love the new photo!

I think it is so cool that we can all know what each other's kiddos look like!

Your little guy is growing up! Love the new photo!

I think it is so cool that we can all know what each other's kiddos look like!

Thanks! They grow so quick! That pic was taken last friday, on his 2nd birthday.

I agree - it is nice to see each others kids!

Two already???? I keep picturing him as a little baby and he's now a toddler. :eek: He is just adorable! :) Happy Birthday to him. :D

Ha! He's a toddler with a little 'tude! Adorable most of the times, practicing his mastery at the word "no" most others..... What is hilarious about that is that he doesn't fully understand what "no" means - so he will say it and then whine when he doesn't get whatever...... :rolleyes:

Archived