Is Trinadad safe if on cruise tour?

fedexpackage

After reading all the posts on Trinadad, I got really confused if this is a port that one really wants to go on shore. I thought about taking The Port of Spain Highlights and Cultural Tour on Princess in February 2009. Do I need to be concerned with my safety? Your help would be appreciated. Linda:)

We did a tour of Port of Spain, Trinidad, last January on our cruise and we didn't find any safety factors to be concerned about. It probably will not be your favorite cruise stop, it is a very commercial and industrial port, not a lot to see, but interesting to see once. Why stay on the ship unless you need a day off?

• 3 weeks later...

We did that same tour last year and really enjoyed it, especially the Cultural Show portion. This is a huge city of about 6 million people so you have to be aware of what is around you like in any other big city around the world. We didn't feel any threat to our safety at any time while there. This year we are planning on going to a beach on our own.

Sarah

We did that same tour last year and really enjoyed it, especially the Cultural Show portion. This is a huge city of about 6 million people so you have to be aware of what is around you like in any other big city around the world. We didn't feel any threat to our safety at any time while there. This year we are planning on going to a beach on our own.

Sarah

The entire population of Trinidad and Tobago (Both islands Together) is 1.5 million.

Archived