Crown and Society Gift on board

HKG

We were on Monarch in Sept 08 also. But we received mini flashlight that attaches to keychain. Just out of curiousity' date=' when in Sept did you sail? We did Sept 26-29. We were in GS and are Platinum. Wondering if any of that makes a difference in what you receive.[/quote']

I was on Sept 22-26 and in Superior Oceanview roo.. It must be your status and room catagory.

I liked the suggestion of a photo album with the name of the ship. If you cruise a lot it wouldn't make any difference if you had more than one because you would have a photo album for your pictures of each of your wonderful trips.

Incidently my DH liked the ball cap and wears it often. I, on the other hand, will probably never wear it.;)

We were on Monarch in Sept 08 also. But we received mini flashlight that attaches to keychain. Just out of curiousity' date=' when in Sept did you sail? We did Sept 26-29. We were in GS and are Platinum. Wondering if any of that makes a difference in what you receive.[/quote']

We were on the same cruise as you, are not platimum (yet... give us time!), and were in an inside on deck 3. We also got the mini flashlight and batteries. My sister, who was in another room down the hall from us, got a totebag. Who knows how they decide what to leave....

• 4 weeks later...
We were on the same cruise as you, are not platimum (yet... give us time!), and were in an inside on deck 3. We also got the mini flashlight and batteries. My sister, who was in another room down the hall from us, got a totebag. Who knows how they decide what to leave....

I was on the Sept. 29-Oct. 3rd cruise. After calling the C&A 2 separate days asking about my "freebie" I finally got it on the last night. BUT while everyone else told me it was just a mini flashlight, mine was a really nice travel alarm clock/money convertor. The clock will show time in 16 different countries. I LIKE it!:D

I was on the Sept. 29-Oct. 3rd cruise. After calling the C&A 2 separate days asking about my "freebie" I finally got it on the last night. BUT while everyone else told me it was just a mini flashlight, mine was a really nice travel alarm clock/money convertor. The clock will show time in 16 different countries. I LIKE it!:D

We were OV promenade deck 7.

I generally give away whatever I get to my tablemates if they want them or to other cruisers. I have so much RCI logo stuff that I really don't want any more. If we win the trivia contest we usually give the prizes to the second place team. We managed to win a total of 6 document holders in one day playing trivia and really with e-documents do you even need those anymore?

Speaking of "gifts" does anyone know about this: (announcement for shareholders)::::::Any insight? Thanks

Please note that as of December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit will not be combinable with other Onboard Booking Credits, Loyalty Programs and/or other Reduced Fare Offerings. For bookings made prior to December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is combinable under certain conditions. Please direct queries to InvestorRelations@rccl.com, and a prompt response will be forthcoming.

Speaking of "gifts" does anyone know about this: (announcement for shareholders)::::::Any insight? Thanks

Please note that as of December 31' date=' 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit will not be combinable with other Onboard Booking Credits, Loyalty Programs and/or other Reduced Fare Offerings. For bookings made prior to December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is combinable under certain conditions. Please direct queries to InvestorRelations@rccl.com, and a prompt response will be forthcoming.

What about it do you want to know? People will no longer be able to combine coupons/discounts/OBC's given by the cruise line itself after 12/31/08 - you can pick one such perk. OBC's from Travel Agents and from Royal Caribbean credit card are not impacted. With how low the stock has gone there is a good chance they will just do away completely with Shareholder OBC in the near future.

i would rather have a tote bag....we already have 2 caps and 2 picture frames.....i think they should at least give you a choice.....

I think that they should give us a choice too...it will never happen but we can only wish...I am just happy we will be cruising :D

I think that they should give us a choice too...it will never happen but we can only wish...I am just happy we will be cruising :D

after the "S" word today, i really can't wait till jan.....just hoping the drive down will go fast!!!!! you all must come visit me down in steerage...lol....

:DJust off AOS Sunday...two C & A caps..nice quality... also the coupon books came in handy at the bars & Johnny Rockets & bingo & internet credit... not much else interested us in the books tho... For what it's worth..these are nice freebies & we think a nice gesture to members.

Ok so I have a question. I sailed last year, and am taking my girlfriend in January. Since this is her first cruise, will she receive a gift/coupon book/invitation to the welcome back party/etc.? I vaguely remember hearing that since she's in the same cabin, she gets the invitations and perks that I do. (Doesn't a first time cruiser traveling with a Diamond + get access to the CL with their diamond travel companion?)

Is that correct?

Archived