Beach in Grand Cayman

2ndsailing

We will be on the Constellation over Christmas and we were looking for a beach excursion. Celebrity has a beach excursion, but we were wondering whether anyone has any information on any public beaches, how easy it is to get there from where the ship will tender. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I bet if you spend about 10 minutes reading this board and you should get your answer. Bottom line, there are a couple options of free beaches on 7 mile beach.

Aside from the desire to be rude, was there a point to this response?

I am calling on GC for the first time myself and have browsed through these post many times, yet, I still look at any new threads that interest me, no matter how redundant the topic may seem, in hopes of perhaps finding some new information I may have missed elsewhere, or a fresh perspective that intrigues.

It was my hope to find some useful insights on this thread when I saw it, and what I found was IMO rude and inconsiderate babble, with no value or purpose.

Fortunately not everyone on this board is rude. I'll be in Grand Cayman this Spring and would also love info on their beaches.

As much as I love this forum, it is disappointing when posters get slammed for their questions or opinions.

Does anyone know if sea grape has lockers? Also, any info on the childrens play area -- is it by the ocean? Are there water slides?

Thanks. We will be there in less than 2 weeks!!

Not sure about the lockers but I think I did see some. The play area is about 200 yds down the beach. Just swings, slides and climbing activities, no waterslides. There are some large trees that offer some relief the sun. The beach area is free to use, just bring a beach towel. Chairs run about $10 ea at SeaGrape.

Thank you to those who replied to my question. When I read the response about reading the other posts (which I already did) I just decided to ignore that person's response. I'm still not sure what we'll do on Cayman, but I'll continue searching.:)

Thank you to those who replied to my question. When I read the response about reading the other posts (which I already did) I just decided to ignore that person's response. I'm still not sure what we'll do on Cayman, but I'll continue searching.:)

We love Grand Cayman and always take our books, towels, water, camera and head to 7 Mile Beach. Once there we rent a couple of lounge chairs, an umbrella and relax in one of the prettiest beaches in the Caribbean.

For fun I search out a smooth area of sand, scratch the date and place in the sand, make a footprint and then take a picture of it.:D

Photos in the link below.

Have a wonderful time.

Kathy

We love Grand Cayman and always take our books, towels, water, camera and head to 7 Mile Beach. Once there we rent a couple of lounge chairs, an umbrella and relax in one of the prettiest beaches in the Caribbean.

For fun I search out a smooth area of sand, scratch the date and place in the sand, make a footprint and then take a picture of it.:D

Have a wonderful time.

Kathy

That's a great idea for a picture! I may have to steal that one from you! :)

there is a thread , I think, called "new pictures of Sea Grape" that someone has pictures of this beach. It is not the nost tropical looking as some posters have mentioned but I like the idea of the bar/grill there has chairs along a long bar that is under cover and you can sit there an just look out at the water. I'm sure if you bought drinks or an appetizer there they woun't have a problem with you sitting there to enjoy the view. That's what I'm planning to do with my Mom before we have to get back on the ship after doing a tour. Neither of us can take too much sun so the beach chairs are kind of out.

Karen, FL - 42 days!!:D

• 3 weeks later...

Have a wonderful time.

Kathy

I'm glad to find this thread. I have a friend that is going to GC and she asked me a good beach to go to. I told her 7 mile but she asked where on 7 mile. I couldn't remember where. I guess there must be a public area where the taxi let you off? I remember there were chairs to rent and a restaurant. Thanks

SeaGrape and the Reef Grill http://www.reefgrill.com are very similar areas of 7 mile beach. They both have food and drink and rental chairs, umbrellas, etc. The Reef Grill is closer to the pier. They do have webcams on their sebsite so you can see exactly what the beach is like there.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

I've been to Grand Cayman a couple times on land trips. There used to be buses that ran from the ships down seven mile beach, then down the road further to the other side where "hell" is. By the way, we found 'hell' a waste of time so I suggest that you folks don't go there. Anyway, There is a nice strip of public beach (albeit a crowded one) between Comfort Suites and I believe the Marriot, then further away from the cruise port adjacent to the Holiday Inn, if you like to snorkel, take a bus to Cemetary Reef, walk alongside the head stones through to a pretty secluded beach where there is some great snorkeling.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been to Grand Cayman a couple times on land trips. There used to be buses that ran from the ships down seven mile beach, then down the road further to the other side where "hell" is. By the way, we found 'hell' a waste of time so I suggest that you folks don't go there. Anyway, There is a nice strip of public beach (albeit a crowded one) between Comfort Suites and I believe the Marriot, then further away from the cruise port adjacent to the Holiday Inn, if you like to snorkel, take a bus to Cemetary Reef, walk alongside the head stones through to a pretty secluded beach where there is some great snorkeling.

I agree about Cemetary Beach. If you don't have kids, and don't need any facilities, go here. Although there was other people there, I saw one child, so it was quiet. Snorkeling was pretty good from what I could tell from those who went further out than I did! I could hear them yelling in excitement out by the reef. I was alone as my husband didn't swim out with me, so I was getting kind of nervous due to how far you had to swim out to see the good stuff! Anyway, it was a beautiful beach. About 20 minutes by taxi, but only $5/pp to get there. (I think that's right. I can't remember if it was $5.00 total for both of us or $5.00 each.) Here's some pics.

125982011_4CemetaryBeach.jpg.d7238997b8d2c7a29cbb2ec78590468c.jpg

395927458_5CemetaryBeach.jpg.ee7e0836b24306e7f2819731c7be06a4.jpg

78179793_3CemetaryBeach.jpg.846791efdf4d442c0f2c79bcc436f55d.jpg

417569867_6CemetaryBeach.jpg.f6f5b0e6bb6e220a26aee52745cfee97.jpg

1258731374_8CemetaryBeach.jpg.314b1c4e7a7f248bee8a4bb7fc874b77.jpg

We went to Royal Palms beach and had an excellent time. It cost us $4 per person by taxi. The beach was beautiful and there were showers and changing/restroom facilities there. They also had watersports - my husband and I rented jet skiis and had a great time. We ate at the restaurant there - The Reef Grill - good food, good drinks. All in all, a great place to go if you're looking for a nice beach to relax on.

We went to Royal Palms beach and had an excellent time. It cost us $4 per person by taxi. The beach was beautiful and there were showers and changing/restroom facilities there. They also had watersports - my husband and I rented jet skiis and had a great time. We ate at the restaurant there - The Reef Grill - good food, good drinks. All in all, a great place to go if you're looking for a nice beach to relax on.

Are there lockers and is there a charge for them?

Archived