Pacific Sun in Cairns

jessica3152

PS is currently doing one of its 7 night Qld Coastal cruises but I notice that it is tendering from Yorkeys Knob today rather than berthing in Cairns. Given PS does fit into Cairns harbour, does anyone know why it is tendering from Yorkey's Knob and is it doing 2 days at Yorkey's Knob like it does when it is docked in Cairns or is it moving to Port Douglas overnight?

I was wondering that myself Brad. DH and I did this cruise in May and we overnighted in Cairns. Maybe it's to avoid the berthing fees in Cairns? As much as it was nice to overnight in Cairns and step off the ship when we felt like, I would have loved to have gone to Yorkey's Knob.

Sarah

PS is currently doing one of its 7 night Qld Coastal cruises but I notice that it is tendering from Yorkeys Knob today rather than berthing in Cairns. Given PS does fit into Cairns harbour, does anyone know why it is tendering from Yorkey's Knob and is it doing 2 days at Yorkey's Knob like it does when it is docked in Cairns or is it moving to Port Douglas overnight?

Looking on the Cairns schedule, the HMAS Success was alongside Cairns wharf today. So Sun couldn't get in - but the navy ship has left now, and Pacific Sun is scheduled to move from where she is to the wharf at 14.45 this afternoon - and stay until 6pm tomorrow.

Be fun to go ashore in the tender and then watch your ship arrive at the wharf!

Talked to my daughter yesterday and she said they were going to stay at Yorkeys Knob for a few hours and then head for Cairns about 2pm and stay overnight. They are not going to Port Douglas.

My sister who is a passenger on board said they were on the last tender to shore and the rest were cancelled as it got too rough.

Archived