Bayonne, NJ Port

Ray in NH

Hi All,

Is anyone who has used the "new" facilities of the Bayonne, NJ cruise terminal willing to share their experiences? How difficult is it to get to? Is there secure parking? Cost of parking? What is most convenient airport to use? Cost of transportation to/from airport and/or cruise terminal? How organized are operations?

Sorry for all the questions, but have not seen much about this facility, yet. Perhaps "No news is good news".

Thanks for any info.

We sailed from Bayonne in May, shortly after it opened. The parking was great, and secure - I think it is $12/day.

The port is closest to Newark,NJ airport. They were a bit disorganized early on, but I think it has improved somewhat. Next year there will be additional ships sailing from this port, so I am certain it will be even better organized.

We have sailed also from Baltimore, and I think Bayonne was organized better. Also sailed from NYC - that is fairly well organized, but crazy if there is more than one ship in the port. Some RCL ships offer buses to the port from Boston, Phila, etc. We have taken a bus from Phila, and I would recommend doing that rather than driving.

Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Nevermind. I found more info on this site showing that they stop at Burlingont, NJ, and that I should contact TA for more info. It appears however, that driving and parking($12/day) is faster and cheaper.

http://www.bayonnenj.org/royal.htm

Here's the route info, taken from another post>

http://www.cruisenewsdaily.com/i-capeliberty.pdf

Newark NJ airport is closest. I think that our cab fare from the port to the airport was about $30. The boarding operation at Cape Liberty, although it involves everyone taking a bus from check-in to the ship, went surprisingly smoothly. No real waiting, and helpful staff.

Archived