CAT 11 - Entertainment area

bjm1271

Hi All,

According to the Carnival Website CAT 11 & 12 have an entertainment area.

Can anyone tell me exactly what this means? TV, DVD, etc...

Anyone ever play an mp3 player through the TV or DVD?

I'll be on the Liberty next week.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Gee I am in a Category 11 on Triumph...I am interested in hearing what kind of responses you get on this...will let me know what I have to look forward to...

Hi All,

If you call sitting on a couch and watching a small TV entertainment, you have an entertainment area. Otherwise, you have a sitting area. I beleive they ment 'an area in which you can entertain'. :o

Hi All,

We were able to use RCA jacks on front of tv for anything compatible. What we have found that works better (and great quality, not tin-ey) is a unit called Logic 3 by Istation (sold at Amazon to look it up) -it is battery operated or power. We keep unit low volume not to bother our cabin neighbors, but able to use Ipod playlists.

If you call sitting on a couch and watching a small TV entertainment, you have an entertainment area. Otherwise, you have a sitting area. I beleive they ment 'an area in which you can entertain'. :o

Exactly....Oh and it's a VCR, not a dvd player :(

And if it were still 1985 somebody might actually use them!:D

They're actually 'new' VCRs too.

The Legend had a small sitting area that was okay for hosting rum-smuggler sail-away parties... but the balcony was much nicer.

As far as it's concerned, it's not all that bad of an area but it needs to be updated with a DVD player and flatscreen TV. I liked that there was an internet hookup, but I didn't bring my laptop... I feel I should go again on the Legend, bring a laptop, and report back to CC about my experiences.

While the wife and I were laying in bed we kept looking at the picture above the sofa, we both commented that THIS would be the place for a flat screen.

Friends were on the same cruise, they had a 9A, actually the cabin we upgraded from, after seeing their cabin and balcony and comparing it to ours, I would go for the 9A.

The only real benefit was being able to jump the line at check in, which was horrendous, as I will be platinum on the next cruise there is no benefit in paying the extra over the 9a now...Unless it's an aft wrap :D

We love Carnival for a lot of reasons and we always get cat 11 suites. We took a Princess cruise last year and had a mini suite and had TWO tv's in our cabin. One faced the bed, the other was in the sitting area. Not that they were large, but you could watch from bed if you wanted to. Not enough of a reason to get us to choose Princess over Carnival, but it worked better with that size cabin. I couldn't tell you though if we had vcr's or dvd players or anything, as we spend almost no time in our cabin and usually only turn the tv on to see the sea conditions.

Archived