Suggestions for shoes that do "double duty"

Sailfish

I went to the zapos website (never knew about this) and found a huge selection of shoes to choose from - I placed an order for two pairs, including the lacy pair one of you suggested. At $170, they are pricey indeed, but going through our local mall this past weekend, there wasn't anything that even came close to what is available online. And as long as they are comfortable, they should be perfect.

Though I want a pair of shoes to wear with my formal dresses, I also want one that will go with my nice slacks and other outfits. I tend to dress up a little at dinner, though I don't go in formal clothes. We are doing a 10 night cruise on the Emerald Princess in two weeks, so what ever pair of shoes I take will get lots of wear! The two shoes I ordered should go well with most of my stuff - it's just a matter of deciding on which one.

The onesoles look cute (thanks for the suggestion), but it's not what I was thinking about. I thought I would have to compromise, but as long as the shoes I wear are simple and elegant, they should work with my linen slacks and other nice pants. Thanks for all the suggestions.

these look great, comfortable, if you are a half size (6 1/2 ) would a size up be better or do these run loose and large and a size down be better

? this is a difficulty call, but i guess the question is loose or snug fit across the strap?? thanks in advance......

I would recommend sizing up the sole, as in a 7 and unless you have a chubby foot, go with a size smaller top. If you wear a medium width shoe, go with a small top. Especially since the neoprene tops stretch, and you want them snug, they should be perfect..

The good thing is, after getting the sole of your choice, check out the sale section of the website, and pick a top in a couple of sizes, there really cheap at 6.99. Then you can find the exact size you need, return the other one, and from then on you can go hog wild,

like me...lol

Just fyi, the suede and leather tops are true to size, and don't stretch.

I'm sure the duet, and the buckle tops are too.

I'm going to try the buckle tops next.. there cute...

I wear black strappy patent leather sandals with a 1-1/2 inch heel. They are Talbots brand. They look nice with a gown or slax. They are very practical and I've brought them on all my cruises.

They have a strap in the back that is adjustable so they stay on my feet. I can't wear open back or even strappy shoes with the elastic on the back. They just don't stay on my feet.

I also have them in gold, silver and white as well (bought them at the end of the year sale).

I'm trying to pair down how many shoes I bring, not easy.

If you are OK with wearing something slightly "funky", I would recommend that you look at the J-41 Aquarius shoe. It's a ballet-style shoe with ribbon crossover straps that velcro to the side. The one thing that makes it "funky" is the rubber toestop and the outdoor bottom. But, they are totally comfortable and could do double duty as your evening AND day shoes. I have 2 pair - one tan with light blue ribbon and one olive green with yellow ribbon (I got the vegan versions). I've worn both on my cruises on formal night. The all black ones don't scream out "casual" as much. They have several other styles that may suit your needs.

Zappos has a large selection of the J-41 shoes.

• 5 weeks later...
I have the kitten heel in black, and will be dressing it up with a pretty broach, the tops are interchangable, and there are dozens to choose from. The fancy tops will work with my dressy stuff, and the casual tops with my other clothes. Loads of tops, Onesole....

I also have the Leasure soles for day wear,, take a look at their website,

www.Onesole.com

Thansk for the Onesole advice. Perfect for me on my crusie!K

For those of you that have used the Onesole, please tell me how the tops work. Are they attached with velcro?

I am VERY excited to see that online they are available in a size 12. That's so rare for me to find a shoe so versatile that is available in my bigfoot size.

Are these shoes comfortable--also if I wear a B width, what size top would I get?

I just did the Leisure.......I don't typically wear heels due to a herniated disc in my back........but I picked out a beach scene for going to beach, an animal print to match some outfits, and a black with crystals for formal night......I'm going to order some other ones now for other outfits.

jul

Hello!

I was wondering if these ran small or large? I typically wear a 6 1/2 but can wear some 6's and some 7's!? Thanks!

Hello!

I was wondering if these ran small or large? I typically wear a 6 1/2 but can wear some 6's and some 7's!? Thanks!

I normally wear a 9.5 or 10 and the 10 was wayyyy tooo long...the 9 is perfect......

I searched locations online and went and tried some on to see if I would like them.....then I bought on ebay......

I normally wear a 9.5 or 10 and the 10 was wayyyy tooo long...the 9 is perfect......

I searched locations online and went and tried some on to see if I would like them.....then I bought on ebay......

lol that's EXACTLY why I was asking! I saw some for 80 bucks on ebay, only one topper, but free shipping! Thanks for the info!!:)

I have a connection to a seller that will beat most Ebay prices for Onesole's and the tops. I buy from them regularly. Great deals on Onesoles!

I CRUISE IN 6 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to have the name if you could pass it on!!! You can email me at brmoqueen (at) aol dot com

Thanks!!! Happy sailing!

I love the Onesoles! :D I would like to order a pair for my upcoming cruise! I can't decide though between the Elegance or the Kitten (in black) Anyone have either style??? Would love some help deciding!:rolleyes: I plan to wear them with dressy black capris and maybe black skirts (not for formal night though)!;)

I have a connection to a seller that will beat most Ebay prices for Onesole's and the tops. I buy from them regularly. Great deals on Onesoles!

I CRUISE IN 6 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

could you share your contact info with a fellow shoe addict please?!:D

jennifermaxwell2 at yahoo dot com

rinkyd...yes, they'd work for you.....instead of an xl on the topper you would get a large or a medium then they'd fit........I went and tried them on at a store before ordering online.....I personally found I needed a 1/2 size smaller than going up 1/2 size......they run in whole sizes only.

good luck!!

Hi! I was wondering also what size to buy? I wear between a 7 1/2 and an 8! I also have a slightly narrow foot ( though I usually don't buy a narrow shoe) Any suggestions on sizing? I am thinking I may go with a 7:confused:, or should I go with an 8?:confused: Also, should I go with a small or medium?? :rolleyes: Thanks for any help!

I like the idea of "accessorizing" a pair of plain black sandals. Be creative.

If you can find a pair of black sandals that are a bit less than dressy and then embellish them with something like a small brooch or pin you can "dress" them up for formal night.

Just a thought.

They used to make these thingies that looked similar to ear bobs for nonpierced ears for dressing up shoes. I haven't seen those in a while but heck a pair of ear bobs for nonpierced ears might would work.

Archived