Grand Princess E728

Joyce B.

Does anyone have photos of the balcony for E728 on the Grand?

Any pros or cons on this cabin?

We have it booked for the Mediterranean next May. Hope we made a good decision!

Thanks!

Here is a shot of the balcony in E729, same stateoom on starboard side of the ship. http://family.webshots.com/photo/1070801948046132864qZjGGo?vhost=family They will be exactly the same.

Here is a shot of the balcony in E729, same stateoom on starboard side of the ship. http://family.webshots.com/photo/1070801948046132864qZjGGo?vhost=family They will be exactly the same.

Just off Grand had E729. Balcony chairs were blue sling backs/metal, extra large wrap around balcony which we loved. No noise from Vista lounge but we were on starboard. Band is set up below port side. Some vibration/rock from the engines that far back but it never bothered us. We would book this again in a heart beat!

Thanks for the picture and the replies! Any other opinions?

Although some seem to really love this location, we aren't that fond of it. We had E729 on the Grand and E728 on the Star (sister ship). The music from the Vista Lounge below bleeds through the floor during most evening in E728, which wasn't terrible, but at times the floor seemed to vibrate. This doesn't seem to happen in E729 as the location of the stateroom is far enough away from the speakers in the Vista Lounge.

Plus, we hit it unlucky both times we had this cabin evidentally, as the balcony was so windy, it was barely usable for half of both cruises. I think this depends on the direction of the wind, but it would whip from the aft of the ship and around and it wasn't very enjoyable at all for us. As said, that was just our experience and could have been because of bad weather. But for us, the extra few sq ft of balcony space was not worth us not being able to use the balcony on several days. Keep in mind, this is just what we encountered and doesn't mean you will have the same weather issues that we encountered.

The funny thing I have noticed though is that these two staterooms used to be the first booked in the AD category because of the extra large balcony. But many times I can see E728 still available up until the last minute on a lot of sailings. That alone tells me, we aren't the only ones that ran into the problem. ;)

One more thing. The reason we had this stateroom twice was not our doing. While we were sailing on the Grand in E729 our TA saw E728 become available for our TransPacific sailing on the Star, so switched our stateroom without our knowledge (to surprise us). When I returned and found out, we tried to switch back, but the mini suites in the category we had booked were all gone. :( The TA thought she was doing something nice, she had no idea, so I couldn't be upset with her.

But that was the only reason we had this stateroom on both port and starboard sides on sister ships, otherwise, for us, once would have been enough.

Archived