Puntarenas Costa Rica to Los Suenos

Capt Blood

I wanted to get to Los Suenos from where the Island Princess docks for a round of golf. Princess is telling me they no longer offer this excursion. How hard is it to get reliable transportation to the Los Suenos resort from Puntarenas?

• 1 month later...

Here's a site to figure the route:

http://www.yourtravelmap.com/costarica/travelmap/index.php?&width=1024

It's about 65Km from Puntarenas to Herradura beach where Los Suenos is located. Probably a little over an hour. I'm sure you could cut a deal with a cab driver to get yourself there and back.

You can also enter co-ordinates in Google Earth. Instead of putting a name in the box at top left of Google Earth enter these coordinates.

9 58 28.72N 84 49 52.36W ( For Puntarenas )

9 39 12.63N 84 39 36.31W ( For Los Suenos )

Put the coordinates in exactly as you se them here and click the fly to magnifying glass and you'll be all set, the picture quality for both locations is fine.

Good Luck

Yes, I know there is a big difference in CR. I was there back in 05 and drove all over the county from San Jose to Quepos to Dominical and back to Arenal. Beautiful country! We did not visit the Puntarenas area and only drove by Los Suenos with out stopping. I spoke with a friend who has been there numerous times and suggested that I would not have any problem finding a cab to take me to Los Suenos from Puntarenas. Just like everything, its gonna cost me. And I need to be mindful of the ship departure time although we are there 12 hrs so i will feel pretty safe.

The road you'll be on is a pretty good section of the highway. Who knows if you bargain and maybe throw in lunch, plus a couple of Imperials when you get back to the dock, you can get transport down and back plus have the guy carry your sticks.

Archived