seattle hotels

modern

Here is a link to a map which shows you the location of the piers in relation to the city. Princess leaves from Pier 30. There was gossip about moving Princess and HAL to Pier 91 for the 2009, which would be a real pain, but I don't really think that is going to happen this coming year.

So, you can really pick any downtown hotel and it will only be a relatively short cab ride to the pier. The Sheraton, Westin, Hilton, and Hyatt, as well as many boutique hotels, like the Mayflower Park, are all centrally located in downtown, and in very close walking distance to shopping, restaurants, the Pike Street Market, waterfront and ferries. When I am in a new city, I really like to stay in a hotel that is right in the middle of the action.

Also, please note that bus rides in the downtown core are free so you can hop on and hop off at your pleasure. Seattle is a great walking city so bring your comfy shoes, and your umbrella. ;)

Everything I have read says that Terminal 91 is still on schedule to open in May 09. They have already leased the space at Terminal 30 to China Shipping Lines for cargo ship use. Either way they(T91, T30) are both roughly the same distance from downtown (just in opposite directions) and the cab drivers won't have any trouble getting you to either one. Downtown hotels (Edgewater, Mariott Waterfront, Elliot Grand Hyatt, etc.) are typically in the $300 a night range. If you do end up leaving from Terminal 91 I would look at hotels near the Seattle Center. Best Western Executive Inn comes to mind right now, but there are others. A less expensive option would be to stay out by the airport. Not really much to do out there for two days pre-cruise, but if you have a rental car it is an option.

Not sure if this will help you or not, but when we sailed out of Seattle, we were able to get the Westin pre cruise for $110 and the Marriott post cruise for $100 - got both on Priceline. Go to www.biddingfortravel.net and click on the State of Washington, then select the hotel list and you will see what hotels are being won at the various "star" ratings. The hotels we were able to get were well over $250 per night.

Hope this helps!

We were able to get the Warwick for less than $100/night. It is right in the center of town, easy to get to from the airport, and quite comfortable. A cab ride to pier 91 ought to be a little easier since you will not have to go by the football/baseball stadiums. That can be a real mess at the wrong time.

All above are also great suggestions. Seattle is a good walking town if your are downtown. Lots to do and see.

We stayed one night at the Best Western Exec Inn near the Space Needle in 2004, I think, post AK cruise. We sailed into Vancouver and took the bus to Seattle, stayed over to do a little sightseeing, and flew out the next day.

We chose the BW Exec Inn because it was one of the stops for the bus from Vancouver, so very convenient. The hotel could have done with some remodeling, but it was fine for a night -- and I feel sure reasonably priced or we would not have stayed there.

We like Comfort Suites near the Space Needle.. .close to the monorail and they have shuttle down to the Pioneer Square /Pikes Market areas and to ship in the a.m. and good continental breakfast... We don't do Priceline bec. if we have to cancel I don't want to lose my $$, even if I did get a bargain!

:) What hotel is good to stay at by the port two nights before a cruise.

If you don't minding spending a bit try the Hotel Vintage Park which is downtown. Its a boutique hotel operated by Kimpton. We really liked it. Otherwise try the Best Western Loyal Innn. Its cheaper, has a free breakfast and free shuttle service to the piers.

Archived