HAL Kids Program - comments please??

mrmj

We were on the Nordam a couple of years ago. It was a 10 days from New York in March. There was only 20 kids under 18 years old. But the kids program was still running. It helped that the kids each met a friend. But they still had great time.

It depends on the ship and the length of the cruise.

We chose our last cruise, the first for the kids, on HAL because that's the cruiseline we, the adults, wanted to cruise on. We didn't even ask their opinion.

Of course we wanted the kids to have fun, but they got a vacation to the Caribbean. What's not to like about that? All they could eat pizza, cereal they aren't allowed to eat at home, beaches, a pool, bartenders and waiters that couldn't do enough for them, shows, and lots of time with mom and dad.

Club HAL was great for the younger one, and the video games were enjoyed by the older one in the Loft. There were 32 children on board.

My personal opinion is that any child should be able to have fun on any cruise.

I agree- kids always have fun on cruises. That has been my experience. I haven't been on a cruise yet that my son didn't have a blast.

You will hear things from retirees on the Holland America board, who don't want kids onboard. Don't worry about them. It was no problem on Holland. The passengers were all very nice and my son especially enjoyed the kids program, the ice cream, pizza, etc. etc. It was one of the smallest ships we sailed and I think he liked that it was small.

Of all the kids programs out there- my son stilll likes Disney best.

Thanks - good point regarding the kids would / should enjoy any cruise. I'm just thinking that the happier they are, the happier mom & dad would be. To date, they have enjoyed our NCL & Carnival cruises and I'd now like to try another cruiseline and HAL has some decent deals.

Archived