If anyone is interested...

MadCnty

After 3 days of uploading our Alaska pictures are now online. They were taken aboard the Serenade sailing September 19, 2004. As we stated on another post we did lose about half of our Tracy Arm photos:( during editing, but at least we had already uploaded the best one to "another" website. We just wish we had saved it at full size. Oh well you live you learn... Just click on the link in our signatue to view them and let us know what you think...

Your pictures are absolutely wonderful! What kind of camera do you have? It takes great pictures. But, you all are good photographers. You captured that beautiful sunrise and the moon on the water! You pics of the ship are great. I have sailed the Serenade twice before and those pics make me want to go back soooooo bad! Thanks for sharing!:)

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=darkred]Thank's for posting the pics! June can't come too soon for us now. [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]Stretch[/color][/size][/font][/i]

[quote name='SeaBreezy'] What kind of camera do you have? It takes great pictures.[/QUOTE]
We have a Canon S1 IS, and I did use a UV filter with most of the pics, if for nothing else, to protect the lens. BTW thanks to you all for the kind remarks!!!

Loved the pics...My husband said that we don't have to go to Alaska now since we saw all your pictures!!!

We are on Serenade for '05...same week that you went. Ours is 9/18/05.

How was the weather? I know you really don't need winter clothes but what did you find that you wore mostly.

Some suggestions of what you did in each port. I don't have a clue as we are "beach people". I was on Serenade to Canada for it's second sailing last Sept. so I know the ship and have the same cabin for Alaska. Love the ship, so no questions there.

Did you stay pre-cruise? If so, where? I have narrowed our choices down but am still seeking opinions..

I have friends who went to Alaska one year in July and it was 90 degrees( a record) and they had no shorts, They cut a pair of jeans because you can't find shorts in Alaska. Another friend went in June and it snowed. My TA told me that July and August were foggy and rainy and that we were making a good choice for Septemebr.

If you prefer not to post here, please e-mail me on my profile...Thanks!!!!Pam

[quote name='sgttami']
How was the weather? I know you really don't need winter clothes but what did you find that you wore mostly.

Some suggestions of what you did in each port. I don't have a clue as we are "beach people". I was on Serenade to Canada for it's second sailing last Sept. so I know the ship and have the same cabin for Alaska. Love the ship, so no questions there.

Did you stay pre-cruise? If so, where? I have narrowed our choices down but am still seeking opinions.[/QUOTE]The weather was mixture of all, foggy, windy, rainy, sunny, etc...
We took clothes to cover the "spectrum" and we would recommend a parka or rain coat of some kind. I did have to buy a toboggin in Skagway as my ears got cold. Also a travel umbrella is a must. I even took long underware and did use them... The weather does change quickly sunny one minute rainy the next.
As for what we did... In Skagway we did the White Pass & Yukon Railway and we would recommend it. The scenery is great. Then in Juneau we visited Mendenhall Glacier and the Salmon Hatchery (which was teaming with fish). And then for our last port, Ketchikan we did one of the totem villages. We did these excursion because they really didn't put a bind in our pocketbook, as we had already spent over $5,000.00, for the cruise, airfare, etc. And the shore excursions are pretty pricey up there. We also did the shopping thing in each port, but that's a given.
Now for pre and post cruise we did stay in Vancouver, each of these nights. We just don't like to take a chance on being rushed. We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Richmond and although the price was right we wouldn't recommend it. The reasons being that it is an older hotel and the amenities are not up to par to what the website said JOHO. Many of our other cruisers from CC stayed at the Hyatt and had no complaints. We would recommend doing a search here at CC in the "ports" section and I'm sure you can find some good feedback there.
If you have any other questions though feel free to ask...

Archived