Cartagena, Folkoric Show & Sopping Tour ??

travel2much

Hope someone can help, mother-in-law (82) picked this tour, she has some probelms with balance and walks with a cane. It said when I checked the tour that it is substantial level of activity, will this be to much for her? Has anyone gone on this tour and what can she expect. We are traveling on the Island Princess Jan. 23. Thanks for any inormation.

Phyllis

We took this tour last December while on the Island Princess. There was a good bit of walking through the old city but it was almost all on level ground. I believe there were some who opted to stay on the bus at one location that had steps. The theater was beautiful. The show had dances from different times and locations around Colombia and was very good. I believe there were people who used canes on our tour but can't say for sure. I do remember the tour guide was very helpful.

My suggestion is to talk to the tour desk on the ship. They were very helpful.

The streets in the old town section of Cartagena are in very good condition but there will be curbs to cross. Our tour guide walked slowly and took frequent breaks to let everyone catch-up. If you take the tour you might ask to bypass the walking part and have the bus drop you off at the pick-up or shopping point.

Here is a picture of what a typical streel looks like in the old town area.

Cartagenastreet.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
We took this tour last December while on the Island Princess. There was a good bit of walking through the old city but it was almost all on level ground.

I think we booked this tour also, can't remember. Were you exposed to the sun a whole lot when you were walking outside? I burn like crazy :(

Archived