Brisbane CC Christmas Party

gizzigoo

Ms Minx and I have been discussing a Brisbane CC Christmas party and there are a couple of options for us. So I thought I would throw it open for discussion.

We are looking forward to all the fabulous ideas from everyone, and those who are from other states or further afield would also be most welcome to join in, we are looking for a huge crowd, to make it a great success!!

The date we thought would be great is Saturday the 6th of December as this is the day that the Rhapsody is at Portside and we were thinking we could make it a themed function. Like island night or similar, perhaps island shirts, grass skirts etc, perhaps everyone could bring their P&O cocktail glasses too! Or perhaps cruise wear of some kind, looking forward to the suggestions.

We have a couple of options, one which will cost about $50 per head and is very easy,this would be a night time meal in a restaurant, or option 2, which will cost about $10 per head we would have in the afternoon in the park opposite Portside and is quite involved.

Option 1. the afternoon at Portside followed by dinner at "Gusto da Gianni" a restaurant at Portside. Jo has already enquired and they can accommodate us on the 6th, in an area away from the rest of the diners so it would be more like a private function. Their set Xmas menu is as follows.

PEASANT MENU

Entrée & Main $45 per person

Entrée, Main & Dessert $53 per person

Entree

A Selection of Spanish Tapas, Focaccia and Authentic Italian Pizzas to share in the middle of the table.

Main

A Selection of Pasta, Gnocchi & Risotto served in the middle of the table to share. Served with a Insalata Rustica

The Dishes shall be as follows.

• Tagliatelle Al Porcini

Porcini Mushrooms, Italian Sausage, Cherry Tomato & Parsley

• Gnocchi Al Gorgonzola E Noci

Potato dumplings, Gorgonzola & Crushed Walnuts

• Risotto Agli Aspargi

Asparagus Tips, Saffron & Grated Parmesan

• Conchiglione Alla Pulcinella

Red Capsicum, Italian Sausage & Cream

• Selection of Salads

Dessert

A selection of

• Tiramisu

Original Recipe with Pavesini & Marscarpone

• Churros Con Chocolate

Traditional Spanish Fritters, Hot Chocolate

• Crème Catalana

Custard Flavoured with Cinnamon & Orange Zest

TRATTORIA MENU

Entrée & Main or Main & Dessert $58 per person

Entrée, Main & Dessert $68 per person

Entree

A Selection of Spanish Tapas, Focaccia and Authentic Italian Pizzas to share in the middle of the table.

Main

A Selection of Pasta, Gnocchi & Risotto served in the middle of the table to share. Served with a Insalata Rustica

The Dishes shall be as follows.

• Tagliatelle Al Porcini

Porcini Mushrooms, Italian Sausage, Cherry Tomato & Parsley

• Salmone Agli Agrumi

Seared Atlantic Salmon, Seasonal Citrus, Extra Vrgin Olive Oil & fresh Herbs

• Risotto Agli Aspargi

Asparagus Tips, Saffron & Grated Parmesan

• Saltimbocca Alla Romana

White Baby Veal Escalope, Sage, Prosciutto & White Wine

• Linguine Alle Vongole Veraci

Baby Clams, Garlic, Chilli, White Wine & Parsley

• Selection of Salads

Dessert

A selection of

• Tiramisu :D

Original Recipe with Pavesini & Marscarpone

• Crème Catalana

Custard Flavoured with Cinnamon & Orange Zest

• A Selection of European Cheeses

Option 2.

Requires a little more work.

We gather a CCCCC (cruise critic christmas celebation crew) together and we put on a Christmas lunch in the Park Opposite Port Side.

This would require about $10 per head Children under 11, $5 and the CCCCC would be responsible for ensuring a fabulous day which would include maybe steak or cold meats, chicken etc, Salads, deserts, non alcoholic beverages, paper plates, plastic knives and forks and serviettes, lollies, chippies, bon bons/crackers and anything else that the CCCCC deems a good option.

This option someone will collect the money from the participants prior to the 6th and distribute it to the members who are responsible for the various part of the meal. OR the CCCCC’s can all get together on the morning of the 6th and go on a big shopping spree together.

For this option we’d need another 2 or 3 ‘shoppers’ to volunteer their time.

RSVP’s and payment for either option will need to be final by no later than Sat 1st December. Looking forward to hearing all of your suggestions. :D

Hi Glenda and Minxy... will have to check but i think John is working on that day...bummer...... you sure you don't mean the 11th December... the Rhapsody of the Seas won't be at portside she doesn't come that far up the river she is at FI Grain........however the Sun Princess will be at portside .. we can't come on Saturday 13th coz we will be in Sydney waiting to get onboard the Rhapsody of the Seas:D :p :D ... ....cheers shiona

Great idea gals!

I'm not sure yet if I would be a starter or not yet! (Would probably prefer Option 2 - as would allow me to get home that day and not have to stay O/N in Bris-vegas --- but will fit in with the majority obviously!)

Will check in on this thread to see what ends up being decided and hopefully will be able to join you on the day!:)

Oh dear it seems my portside shipping schedule is out of date. I've still got RoS here on the 6th but just checked again and it's definately not here on the 6th now. The 11th for the SP is a Thurs so probably no good. They can fit us in at the restaurant on the 6th so let's just leave it at that date and forgo the ship viewing ;)

Ms Minx and I have been discussing a Brisbane CC Christmas party and there are a couple of options for us. So I thought I would throw it open for discussion.

Hi Glenda

Count us in but I am betting that will be the night selected for a Company dinner or staff party.

As for an afternoon casual function or the evening meal, I am comfortable with either option. I only hope that if the decision is for the afternoon in the park idea that the workload be spread out a bit and no one is out of pocket. We can help if need be. Also might need a contingency plan should the weather be less than favourable.

Ms Minx, I agree that it is no big deal if there is no ship on view. There will be less people around and we can all cry on each other's shoulder that we are missing out on a viewing. :p

Greg

Oh so sad, I had visions of us sitting at Portside, sipping champagne, watching the ROS toot it's very loud horn and sail away.

So hows the grain terminal for cafès and picninc spots?:eek: Very jealous Shiona, perhaps you could all smuggle us on board the ROS for a bit of Christmas cheer on the 13th!

So does that mean there is no ship in at all on the 6th December?

I'm in Yeeah.... I would perfer the arvo in the park then my boys can came easier for us. But either would work.

If we do the park happy to help out where needed. Maybe we could all bring a plate or drinks etc.

Kelly:p

Oh so sad, I had visions of us sitting at Portside, sipping champagne, watching the ROS toot it's very loud horn and sail away.

So hows the grain terminal for cafès and picninc spots?:eek: Very jealous Shiona, perhaps you could all smuggle us on board the ROS for a bit of Christmas cheer on the 13th!

So does that mean there is no ship in at all on the 6th December?

Suppose an extra late xmas would be impossible:D say about the 15th of Jan...lol

Damn, we will not be up there in time, unless i organise work to get us up there on that weekend.

The 6th is good for us.

Preference would be the restaurant, but happy to go either way.

Kym & Martin

Im happy for either too... although dinner would be out for my Jade who Im sure would love to catch up with some other teen ccers .. if the afternoon option is the choice let me know can help out with salads etc (dh works at mrs crocketts) perhaps an informal bring a plate or own picnic could be an option too?

Hi guys,

Now that we know for sure that there will be no ship at Portside on the 6th, we don't have to stick with the Gusto de Gianni restaurant.

What about Breakfast Creek Wharf? It would have a larger selection of goodies to choose from, and may have a more 'family friendly' price tag. It's also decked out to look like an old sailing ship inside so would fit in with our Cruise theme :) (If we have one that is)

What does everyone think? I'll get onto them and see if they can fit us and what their menu would be and post again soon....... :)

Hi guys,

Now that we know for sure that there will be no ship at Portside on the 6th, we don't have to stick with the Gusto de Gianni restaurant.

What about Breakfast Creek Wharf? It would have a larger selection of goodies to choose from, and may have a more 'family friendly' price tag. It's also decked out to look like an old sailing ship inside so would fit in with our Cruise theme :) (If we have one that is)

What does everyone think? I'll get onto them and see if they can fit us and what their menu would be and post again soon....... :)

Either option is fine with us Jo!

Kym & Martin

Hi everyone,

I've received a sample menu from the Brekky Creek Wharf for the Xmas party. The cheapest option is the "First Officers Set Menu" at $55 per adult for 2 courses (entree and main or main & dessert). They've also given me the under 12's menu. I've added both on for you all to look at.....

First Officers Set Menu

2 course selection ~ $55.00 per person

3 course selection ~ $65.00 per person

Mixture of freshly baked bread drizzled with herb infused olive oil, seasoned with sea salt and accompanied by assorted dips

Entrees

½ Dozen Natural Oysters – Freshly shucked oysters with a red wine vinaigrette & fresh lemon

Chefs Chowder – Classic creamy soup with select prawns, scallops, mussels served with a wedge of warm baked Turkish bread.

CalamariSalt and peppered squid, served with salad garnish & tartare sauce

Modern Mushroom - Roasted field mushrooms filled with marinated artichoke and roasted capsicum, walnut oil, fresh rocket & balsamic reduction

Mains

Corn Fed Chicken Breast – Marinated and char-grilled, served with garden salad or

vegetables

Wild Caught Barramundi - Fillet of barramundi from the warm waters of northern

Australia, grilled and served with golden fried chips and a crisp salad

Classic Fish and Chips - Fresh fillets from the market, crumbed and served with chunky chips and salad

Pasta Marinara - A selection of Prawns, calamari, reef fish, scallops & mussels, tossed through linguine finished with white wine, garlic, shallots & napoletana sauce

Desserts

Tiramisu - Creamy mascarpone mousse centered with espresso liqueur soaked sponge

Passionfruit Tart - Shortbread tart filled with sweet fragrant passionfruit curd

Sticky Date Pudding - Rich and succulent pudding with dates and brown sugar, finished with butterscotch sauce and served with whipped cream or ice cream

Under 12’s Menu

MAINS

Fish & Chips - Fresh reef fish fillet, battered or crumbed with chips, salad & tartare sauce 11.50

Baby Bangers & Mash ~ Sausages with creamy mash

potato & gravy 9.90

Calamari ~ Crumbed & served with salad, chips, tartar &

tomato sauce 9.90

Chicken Fillets ~ Crumbed & fried golden brown, served with

chips & salad 10.50

Oven Baked Small Pizza ~ With ham & cheese, served with

chips & salad 10.50

Pasta & Meatballs ~ Homemade meatballs tossed with pasta in

napolitana sauce 9.90

DESSERTS

Ice Cream Jelly Belly ~ Balls of vanilla ice cream with jelly

& sprinkles 4.00

Ice Cream Sandwich ~ Ice cream sandwiched between biscuits &

rolled in hundreds & thousands 4.50

Smash Attack ~ Ice cream filled with smashed honeycomb, chocolate pieces & chocolate sauce 5.00

Fresh Fruit Plate ~ Pieces of fresh seasonal fruit 4.00

THIRST BUSTER’S ALL @ $4.00

The Wiggles ~ Chocolate Milkshake

Traffic Light ~ Orange juice with a great twist

Itsy Bitsy Spider ~ Pink lemonade & ice cream

Deep Blue SeaLemonade with a deep twist

Hi Guys,

Glenda has emailed me one more option for a CC Xmas lunch, which involves a 2 hour river cruise and seafood buffet. Here's the link http://www.viator.com/tours/Brisbane/Brisbane-River-Lunchtime-Cruise/d363-3974LUNCHCRUISE

Looks pretty good to me! What do you all think?

This is on the Kookaburra River Queen's, they're are always a good option. Here's their actual website for a bette description of what's on offer. Would be a lot like the lunch cruise we did in Sydney for the 2 Queens Day earlier in year.

www.kookaburrariverqueens.com.au

I hate to throw a spanner in the works, :o:o very embarressed, but I may not be able to make it on the 6th December.

I just, on the spur of the moment, couldn't resist it, booked on the PS on the 29th November and may still be in Melbourne at that stage.

:o Sorry everyone :o

It is crazy as I am in wedding melt down with my daughters wedding on this weekend and it is for three days, I have 100 people, and I am busy! But when I saw this cruise come up I booked it instantly, and I was so happy, it makes the wedding stress that much easier! Yep, a total cruise tragic!:rolleyes:

I hate to throw a spanner in the works, :o:o very embarressed, but I may not be able to make it on the 6th December.

I just, on the spur of the moment, couldn't resist it, booked on the PS on the 29th November and may still be in Melbourne at that stage.

:o Sorry everyone :o

It is crazy as I am in wedding melt down with my daughters wedding on this weekend and it is for three days, I have 100 people, and I am busy! But when I saw this cruise come up I booked it instantly, and I was so happy, it makes the wedding stress that much easier! Yep, a total cruise tragic!:rolleyes:

Oh Glenda,

You are a tragic aren't you.

Maybe we could organise a Melbourne Christmas CC get together and have it somewhere in the Port Melbourne area.

At least we know there will be a ship in port:D

WOW!! What a fantastic idea! A river cruise!!!

Now we can all enjoy a casual cruise for a couple of hours and mingle and get to know each other in a more relaxed manner.

See Glenda, I did write something on CC albeit a bit late :D

Yea, yea, this is all a bit cryptic but Glenda (gizzigoo) knows exactly what I am saying.... Cruising on that date indeed! We'll switch the date of the cruise/party!!!

Count us in. Sounds great!

Greg

Archived