My time dining question

superfind

Our travel agent let us down and didn't advise us that my-time dining was an option. Now we've been told it's too late to sign up as we're sailing this Sunday.

Does anyone know if you can sign up for my-time once you're on board, I realise this means pre-paying gratuities which is fine.

Thanks

Yes, you can when you get onboard the first day. It is great! We just got off the Freedom of The Seas and had my time dining. The staff is wonderful and you can sit wherever you want and with who you want. We loved it and sat next to the window every night and had a table for 2.

Yes, you can when you get onboard the first day. It is great! We just got off the Freedom of The Seas and had my time dining. The staff is wonderful and you can sit wherever you want and with who you want. We loved it and sat next to the window every night and had a table for 2.

Did you pre book your dinner time, or were you able to show up at night and get a table.

I am still trying to decide what we want to do, 6 is early to eat 8:30 is too late for my kids, ideally 7:00 -7:30 p.m. is perfect for us. So it seems that anytime dining could give us that option, we also really like a table for 4.

Hi,

With My Time Dining you don't prebook a time... you just turn up. A section of the restaurant is set aside for those people choosing this option.

I will definitely be signing up for this once I board; the flexibility will suit us. We had early sitting last time which was occasionally a bit of a rush to be ready in time yet the late sitting, which is all I could get this coming trip, is going to be too late..... I shall end up in Sorrento's to bridge the gap and my waist line just can't handle that!!

DH and I wanted to do this for our upcoming B2B and we couldn't because it wasn't offered fleetwide as of yet. We are on the Navigator in Dec. and was told it wasn't available on that ship yet. :( But we will trudge through somehow :p

Happy Sailiing

Sandy

We've just come off Independance of the Seas and we got our TA to book the Mytime option just before we went. You have to have pre-paid the tips. They give you a time for the first dinner but you can go to the dining room (deck 5) when there is someone on the desk, or phone them, and change the time to when you want. You can also specify what part of the dining room, what size table and who else you want to sit with (or not!).

After the first meal they usually ask you if you want the same table and time every night but if you don't you can tell them each day what you want for the following day and even after you have booked it you can change it easily.

Obviously you can only have a table that is free at the time that you want it but the system works very well.

Did you pre book your dinner time, or were you able to show up at night and get a table.

I am still trying to decide what we want to do, 6 is early to eat 8:30 is too late for my kids, ideally 7:00 -7:30 p.m. is perfect for us. So it seems that anytime dining could give us that option, we also really like a table for 4.

You can do either. DH and I pre-booked either 7:00 or 7:30, depending on our departure time from the ports, and were in at our table of choice with no wait. Others just showed up and were at their tables of choice without a wait. It really is "your time" dining :)

We signed up ahead of time, but when we went to the dining room to make our reservation the first day, there were people there filling out forms to sign up and do the prepaid gratuities, so you CAN sign up once on board!

Is any time dining on all RCCI ships now? I'm on the Vision Repo in January and have 8:30 dining, which is late, but the other time is just too early for the ports we will be in. I really enjoyed anytime on Princess and NCL.

My Time Dining is not yet available on all ships. Someone on here should have a link to the ship's it is available on.

This Details the whole process and the which ships are running it.

Regards,

Simon.

Dinning is now more flexible.

Now that you've reserved your cruise, how about enjoying some freedom of choice in your dinner options. On select ships and sailings+, we're featuring My Time DiningSM** in our Main Dining Room.

This great new option allows you more flexibility to plan your daily activities. Want to linger awhile at the pool and catch the day's last rays? No problem. Worked up an appetite on a shore excursion and want to dine early? Done. Our My Time DiningSM option is all about convenience and flexibility. You can choose to dine between 6:00 and 9:30 pm each evening. In addition, we will accept reservations once onboard the ship.

Ready to reserve? If you've reserved through a Certified Vacation Planner or on the web simply call (800) 590-6218 or email openseating@rccl.com (please include your reservation number and the number of guests in your party.)** If you've reserved through a travel agent please contact them directly.

Here's some additional information to keep in mind:

Dinner is served in the Main Dining Room

Same menu as traditional seating

Same impeccable service as traditional seating

Must pre-pay gratuities to participate - this includes tips for your waiter, assistant waiter, head waiter and stateroom attendant

Guests will not receive a table assignment or permanent table mates

You will have the ability to request a certain waiter (subject to availability)

My Time Dining waiters share their gratuities amongst the other My Time Dining waiters; feel free to reward your waiter with an extra tip for providing excellent service

You will be seated with the party you arrive with; you can request to be seated with other guests or alone

To provide you with a smooth, non-disruptive meal, once dinner service begins for your table, no additional guests will be seated

Reservations are recommended in order to avoid a delay in seating (reservations will be taken once onboard)

When reserving your cruise, you will need to provide your reservation number and the number of guests participating in the My Time DiningSM option

Offer is subject to availability

+Available on the following ships and dates:

Oasis of the Seas

December 12, 2009 - November 27, 2010

Brilliance of the Seas

now - December 23, 2009

Freedom of the Seas

now - December 27, 2009

Serenade of the Seas

now - December 26, 2009

Jewel of the Seas

now - December 21, 2009

Radiance of the Seas

now - December 20, 2009

Independence of the Seas

now - December 26, 2009

** My Time DiningSM is subject to availability, you must prepay your gratuities to participate, and for group reservations My Time DiningSM is only available for groups of 20 or less.

• 2 weeks later...
So if you sign up when you board they charge your gratuities in full right then and there?

Hello honeywell.....they add the gratuities onto your account as soon as you add My Time Dining. I just got off the phone with My Time because I had a question and now they are telling me that Liberty is not part of My Time:confused:....even she was confused as she thought it was all freedom Class ships. She did say they are getting ready to add more soon, so maybe it will get added. As of now though IOS and FOS are part of it in the Freedom Class.

I was just told today that My Time Dining is on all Freedom class ships including Liberty.....didn't see Liberty mentioned above.

As sonic posted, the ships that have MyTimeDining are:

Oasis of the Seas

Legend of the Seas

October 30, 2008 - December 30, 2009

Enchantment of the Seas

November 10, 2008 - December 27, 2009

Brilliance of the Seas

now - December 23, 2009

Freedom of the Seas

now - December 27, 2009

Serenade of the Seas

now - December 26, 2009

Jewel of the Seas

now - December 21, 2009

Radiance of the Seas

now - December 20, 2009

Independence of the Seas

now - December 26, 2009

As sonic posted, the ships that have MyTimeDining are:

Oasis of the Seas

Legend of the Seas

October 30, 2008 - December 30, 2009

Enchantment of the Seas

November 10, 2008 - December 27, 2009

Brilliance of the Seas

now - December 23, 2009

Freedom of the Seas

now - December 27, 2009

Serenade of the Seas

now - December 26, 2009

Jewel of the Seas

now - December 21, 2009

Radiance of the Seas

now - December 20, 2009

Independence of the Seas

now - December 26, 2009

It seems like there is much confusion within RCCL as to the ships that have My Time. I called the My Time # last night to ask about Liberty and was first told yes, then no, then I am not sure, please hold.....then I thought it was added.....then I think I have an e-mail somewhere.....but it's not listed.......I could have sworn it's here somewhere.....this all after my CVP told me it's already available and changed my dining option on Liberty to my Time....GO FIGURE:rolleyes:if they are that confused with-in, how are we supposed to ever figure this out. The conversation ended with........"they are about to add more ships, so I am sure liberty will be one....please check back".

We did My Time Dining on the Brilliance for our Sept/Oct. Brilliance Med cruise and it was great. We originally had two couples signed up for it but expanded it to four the first night. Worked like a charm. Had the same waiter and asst. waiter everynight and the same table almost every night. We liked it because it went so much quicker than traditional dining. Alot less wasted time between courses.

Aubie

We chose MTD on the Brilliance on the Oct. 8 Med Cruise. A table was set up at the terminal during check in and we just signed up before boarding the ship. We made different reservation times every evening based on when we were getting back to ship after the tours.

During the 12 day cruise we had dinner with different, interesting, folks every evening so there are always new things to talk about. The wait staff was great.

Because only about 240 people opted for MTD of 2300 passengers plus\minus, we did have the pleasure of dining with the same people a couple of times over the length of the cruise. That probably was also a functon of the times we chose. For instance, one couple chose 8PM across the board while we picked 7 one evening, 8 another and 7:30 another.

Another neat thing, ages among our table mates varied. We enjoyed having a

wonderful dinner with a couple from Ireland and honey mooners from Mexico City and we all laughed and had fun the entire dinner.

If you like variety, I recommend MTD.

PS - If you like a bottle of wine with dinner, take advantage of the discount wine packages also available at one of the tables on the pier when you check in onboard.

I know that the OP has long gone on her cruise but we had MTD on the Freedom last week and it worked out great. No waits at all and the service was outstanding. The way to go and our Maitre d told us that it will be added fleet wide. It is picking up in popularity. I was glad to hear that.

Archived