Embarkation for Norwegian Magesty

babymaxie

We took the Majesty out of Charleston earlier this year (and getting to go one last time in January!) and our hotel shuttle left around 11:00am. We were early and had to wait a bit for them to open to baggage drop, but we were dropping our bags at about 11:30 and sitting down for lunch not too much longer after that (about 45 minutes from bag drop to lunch).

The rooms were ready about 1:30 and we departed close to on time.

Drop a note if you have any other questions and enjoy your cruise!!

When we boarded the Majesty in Charleston, they allowed us into the terminal at 12 noon. Other ports of embarkation (Baltimore or Philadelphia) for the Majesty may have different times...you should perhaps look at the boards here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=412

For us, the check-in process began immediately upon passing through the bag-screening (carry-on bags) and the metal detector.

Thanks to all that replied. I suppose we should just get around noon. I live not far from Charleston and I know that the parking lot that the cruise lines use here is not the best in the world. I believe a lot of walking to the baggage drop off, if you don't have someone driving and dropping you off.

When we were there last May, they had lots of shuttle buses running to and from the parking garage. I believe you drive through the baggage drop off area first (in a gravel lot next to the dock) then park your car in the garage (at least that's what it looked like was happening) and take the bus to the ship shuttle. Yes, there is a shuttle to the port, then a separate shuttle to take you what seems to be about 200 feet to the terminal building.

I was impressed with the ease of things, but maybe being there early made the difference. I would agree with your thoughts of getting there around noon. Have a great cruise - I know we are already looking forward to January!

We took the Majesty out of Charleston earlier this year (and getting to go one last time in January!) and our hotel shuttle left around 11:00am. We were early and had to wait a bit for them to open to baggage drop, but we were dropping our bags at about 11:30 and sitting down for lunch not too much longer after that (about 45 minutes from bag drop to lunch).

The rooms were ready about 1:30 and we departed close to on time.

Drop a note if you have any other questions and enjoy your cruise!!

When you departed, or the ship stared pulling away from the port, was the liftboat drill over with by then? Every time I have taken a cruise (first one out of Charleston) they seem to do the lifeboat drill at the same time they are pulling away. It was always disappointing not be be watching as they pull away. I know there probably isn't much to see during that time, but still wanted to see it. :mad:

This past May (my only cruise out of Charleston, being new to the Southeast), after the drill, we returned to the cabin with the lifevests and slowly made our way on deck, and we were away from the dock, but still making our way through the harbor. If I recall, the drill is at 3:30 (but usually doesn't start on time) and the scheduled departure was at 4 - so it is close. If you make a point and hurry back after the drill, you may get to see the initial pull away from the dock!

Archived