Palancar Beach

ireland666666

I want to take the snorkel t:D rip here that Nachi offers. Does anyone have an info on this? Thanks in advance!

Then you should be asking about Palancar Reef. It is a great place to dive, so I imagine it's also a pretty good snorkeling destination.

Asking about Palancar Beach might make people think you are interested in Playa Palancar beach club which also offers a snorkel trip.

Hey Clackey (or anyone)

we are leaving Monday and cant decide what to do in Cozumel.

we have done the foolowing and were looking for something different (we like to snorkel):

Tucan Sailing Trip

Dzul Ha shore snorkel-years ago

Paradise Beach

Playa Uvas

Playa Palancar -tood the boat snorkel

We will do the East side in a jeep next January with friends. I was thinking Dzul Ha-Money Bar for a couple hours snorkel and then maybe a beach such as Mr. Sanchos rest of day.

What about Chankanaab? Is it woth hanging out there most of day? we would snorkel. Is there nice beach?

What do you think? We also thought of Nachi but dont want an AI.

We will do the East side in a jeep next January with friends. I was thinking Dzul Ha-Money Bar for a couple hours snorkel and then maybe a beach such as Mr. Sanchos rest of day.
That's a decent plan.

What about Chankanaab? Is it worth hanging out there most of day? we would snorkel. Is there nice beach?

Chankanaab has decent shore snorkeling, but it doesn't really have what I would consider a beach. It has a large sand area behind a rock retaining wall. The shoreline there is all rock, which is why the snorkeling is decent. If you do think you'll go there, get the $2 discount coupon from http://www.cozumelparks.com/eng/parks-chankanaab.asp

31.jpg

Thanks for info. which one would you pick?

I don't snorkel, so it's hard for me to make a choice involving that activity. Since I am cheap, I'd probably go with Dzul Ha followed by Paradise Beach club. I might also consider going to Fiesta Americana, walking up to Dzul Ha and drift snorkeling back down to FA if the current was running the right direction.

I don't snorkel, so it's hard for me to make a choice involving that activity. Since I am cheap, I'd probably go with Dzul Ha followed by Paradise Beach club. I might also consider going to Fiesta Americana, walking up to Dzul Ha and drift snorkeling back down to FA if the current was running the right direction.

Bruce and I are on the same page. I'm cheap too, but Miss Ginger informed me that she wants to go back to Chank. Chank and Dzul Ha are about as good as it gets for shore snorkeling. I've heard that Playa Uvas is good but haven't been there yet. Did you snorkel at Uvas and if so, how was it?

...Chank and Dzul Ha are about as good as it gets for shore snorkeling. ...
I've snorkeled Chankanaab and Dzul Ha. Dzul Ha is much better, however, both aren't that great after Hurricane Wilma in 2005. Really good snorkeling is only available from a boat from what I've experience in Cozumel the last couple of years.

At Playa Uvas, we walked north about a quarter mile and drifted back with current. It was OK, I agree, its not that good anywhere since Wilma. Last year, we took the boat trip from Palancar Beach. It was not good at all, maybe due to weather, etc. We did see very large turtle and jelly fish, etc. Water, of course was deep, strong currents and difficult to see much but guide was very helpful.

We are cheap, too. Will probably go back to Dzul Ha and try it for a couple hours. What else is at FA, a beach or bar?

What boat (cheap) trip do you guys recommend? I forgot to mention we did use Eagle Ray a few years ago and enjoyed it. they did cut the last reef from us due to some BS and rushed us back to lunch place. And on the Tucan trip, not good snorkel at all, but weather was rough that day. Guess we need to find something else to do.

Archived