hair dryers in cabins

scruffts2007

The Sinfonia had hair dryers in the bathroom. They were the old fashion kind with a large box mounted to the wall and a tube that could be stretched. The end got very hot by the time my hair was dry. I had to wrap a towel around it. But it did save space that I did not have to bring one.

The Opera and Lirica are the same as the Sinfonia except in the Cat 11 (suites with balcony). They have a real hairdryer with attachments that is kept in the cupboard behind the mirror at the dressing table and can be plugged in whereevr you want (best place is the dressing table itself as it has power points there)

I never thought this was a problem till I saw the wonderful hose haridryers!! They do not even begin to get the job done--

Totally agree they are absolutely useless which is why I always take my own (unless I know I'm in a higher graded cabin). Maybe with the Orchestra being newer they wont have those dreadful contraptions1]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The Orchestra has normal American type hairdryers in the rooms, they actually worked better than my own, so I never even unpacked mine. It was convienently placed in the top drawer of the little desk in front of your mirror.

Thanks for the info!!!

• 1 month later...

We just got back from the Lirica. I read this thread and opted not to pack my hairdryer because they supposedly had real hairdryers. Unfortunately, we had the tube type permanently connected to the wall in the bathroom. I tried it one night. It was useless and blew the scent of cigarette smell on my hair. How did the strong scent of smoke get in the hairdryer? I stopped at CVS in Key West and bought a real one.

I have short hair but that tube style low wattage thing wasn't worth a dime. Bring your own!

We were in cabin 9163 ocean view.

We just got back from the Lirica. I read this thread and opted not to pack my hairdryer because they supposedly had real hairdryers. Unfortunately, we had the tube type permanently connected to the wall in the bathroom. I tried it one night. It was useless and blew the scent of cigarette smell on my hair. How did the strong scent of smoke get in the hairdryer? I stopped at CVS in Key West and bought a real one.

I have short hair but that tube style low wattage thing wasn't worth a dime. Bring your own!

We were in cabin 9163 ocean view.

Yes I know they are absolutely useless which is what i said in my earlier posts. i also said real hairdryers were only in the cat 11 cabins (suites). Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough because I certainly would not wish those stupid tube things on my worse enemy

Archived