topless in Cozumel, Mexico?

WinnipegCruiser

I have put a hold on a Dec 20th Freedom cruise. My business is very slow that week, and I think I can get away.

It is stopping at

Limon, Costa Rica

Colon, Panama

and

Cozumel, Mexico

AS I understand in Colon you don't want to leave the secure area, and there is no topless beach in Limon. However I wonder if any one did the beach thing in Cozumel, and was topless allowed?

I am not asking for myself, but this other couple who wants to travel with us, the woman really would like to experience it.

I don't know if there is a beach where it is designated topless, but I have seen women laying on a couple of beaches topless. The one I remember last was down on the southern end of the island at the Bob Marley bar. I don't remember its actual name but there are 2 reggae themed bars across from each other and we just refer to them as the Bob Marley bar. It is by the entrance to the Punta Sur Eco Park.

The other one I remember was across from the Casa Del Mar hotel. We noticed them as we were getting off our dive boat at that dock. It isn't really a beach though, just some sand and hammock looking at the ocean.

Good luck finding what you are looking for.

Technically it is illegal to go topless in Mexico. That said, there are plenty of desolute beaches on the east side of the island where you could go. There is a couple of spots where the sand berm blocks the view of those on the roadway.

Dave

I have put a hold on a Dec 20th Freedom cruise. My business is very slow that week, and I think I can get away.

It is stopping at

Limon, Costa Rica

Colon, Panama

and

Cozumel, Mexico

AS I understand in Colon you don't want to leave the secure area, and there is no topless beach in Limon. However I wonder if any one did the beach thing in Cozumel, and was topless allowed?

I am not asking for myself, but this other couple who wants to travel with us, the woman really would like to experience it.

While there is no Federal law in Mexico addressing nude or topless bathing, each municipality has it's own rules and enforces them.

In Cozumel - as in most beach resorts - all of the beaches are open to the public. It is suggested that if you wish to buff bathe, use the beaches at the north of the island or on the west side. While you probably won't be arrested, if a local takes acception to the nudity, they can call the police and they can remove you from the beach.

It is stopping at

Limon, Costa Rica

Colon, Panama

and

Cozumel, Mexico

Try this

http://gomexico.about.com/od/beachesandresorts/a/nude_beaches.htm

Technically it is illegal to go topless in Mexico. That said, there are plenty of desolute beaches on the east side of the island where you could go. There is a couple of spots where the sand berm blocks the view of those on the roadway.

Dave

This is probably the best bet although there were 3 gals topless at Playa Palancar when we were there. It was no big deal(pun intended):D.

To quote Mel Tillis concerning Dolly Parton, "U-u-u-you se se seen wa wa one ya ya u se se seen um ba ba both."

Dave

There were quite a number of topless women a PDC. No one seemed to mind.

• 2 months later...
I don't know if there is a beach where it is designated topless, but I have seen women laying on a couple of beaches topless. The one I remember last was down on the southern end of the island at the Bob Marley bar. I don't remember its actual name but there are 2 reggae themed bars across from each other and we just refer to them as the Bob Marley bar. It is by the entrance to the Punta Sur Eco Park.

The other one I remember was across from the Casa Del Mar hotel. We noticed them as we were getting off our dive boat at that dock. It isn't really a beach though, just some sand and hammock looking at the ocean.

Good luck finding what you are looking for.

It's called the Rasta Bar.....Cool place and view.

It is stopping at

Limon, Costa Rica

Colon, Panama

and

Cozumel, Mexico

Tell her we have a few islands on Lake of the Woods for that very purpose!

When we were at Mr. Sancho's, in Cozumel, we noticed several women sun bathing topless. As you walk down to the beach, they were on the far left side. No one seemed to bother them.

Same with us at Mr. Sancho's in Dec. 2007. Two women were on the beach topless to the left side of the beach.

It is illegal to go topless or nude in Mexico..... The beaches are all public and open to everyone.

That being said, there are many beaches, especially on the East side of the island, where you could tan topless. If you get over there before mid-day, you can have miles of beach to yourselves. However keep in mind that Cozumel is very family oriented. If there are families with kids around and you show up topless, it's not going to be appreciated. There are lot's of little places to get off by yourself. Cozumel is a sweet laid back place, where you can pretty much do whatever you want, as long as you don't impose on anyone. Rent a jeep and take off, for the beaches. You will have a blast.

Keep in mind that the surf is very rough on the east side with infamous riptides so be careful if you go into the water....and keep something nearby to cover yourself if locals or others come on to the beach.

Archived